My fitnesspal ticker.

Options
Should I start my weight as when I first started myfitnesspal, or when I first started my fitness program, when I first started trying to lose weight? I didn't know about myfitnesspal till way later after I started trying to lose weight. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
USAAirman

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Mine tracks my myfitnesspal losses ONLY. Granted I'd lost quite a bit before joining. :) It's personal.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Whichever you want. I started mine from when I started my fitness program, and I did that by editing my previous weight entries, and adding my starting date with my weight.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    For me, it only tracks what I've lost using MFP.

I lost an additional 20lbs before I joined here. =)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Personal choice. I started with 'only since joining MFP' but once I figured out how to change after the fact, I did. So my current ticker covers the 6 mos prior to MFP.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    mines only since joining MFP the second time.

I was 167, dropped to 125, then started this time at 140. Now at 131.

It all depends.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I just started mine from my last known weight.. which was approx a month prior to joining here.. But i had lost about 10 pounds give or take prior to that. I didn't even weight myself when I started on this site.. lol.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I used my true starting weight, or at least the highest number I knew about :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I started mine at my starting weight too, which was one month before I joined. I don't think you can change your starting weight though.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I used my starting/heaviest weight which was several months before joining MFP. I did lose all the weight and I want my ticker to show it.
  • Sith_magik
    Sith_magik Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree personal choice, I started the ticker from the date I joined MFP. It would of been awkward if I put it when I first started to lose weight because I have been on and off for years.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    How to change your ticker if you want credit for weight loss before joining MFP:

Go to:
    My Home
    Check-in
    Edit previous entries (on the bottom right)

Fill in your starting weight, either when you started on MFP or your weight before you joined. The ticker will automatically adjust itself.

For example, I joined MFP on 4/13/13 with a weight of 172. However, I wanted credit for a 6 pound loss from 4/1/13, so I put my starting weight at 178.
  • USAAirman
    USAAirman Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you all! You are all such a big help on here! :-)
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I figured out a while ago how to adjust mine to my highest weight (prior to starting MFP).

***But how do you get your ticker to update?*** I've changed my weight once since I adjsuted to my starting weight. But the ticker didn't adjust and add the new weight loss in. The weight loss registered in my news feed, so I know I did update my weight.