Ah, the love of family, ...... yeah right just venting

Options
OK, we made plans with my sister and her family to go out to eat tonight, (almost 4 weeks ago), for our anniversary. Since my nephew's death, I haven't really been out with my sis in a long time.

Now, here is the deal...
Her job is ending in two weeks, and she is down to 1-2 days a week.

She's not job hunting, so she goes out a buys a angora rabbit. Then the rabbit caught a cold and it was 75.00 at the vet.

Now she cannot go out to eat with me and she actually called and asked me and hubby to change our plans for her, different location closer for her to drive and for us to pay for her and her family and she will pay us back??

The drive is only 20 minutes from her house?? And to pay for her on our anniversary??

OK, didn't get upset with her and didn't commence words, but it really hurt.

I feel like every time I turn around, we are supposed to inconvenience ourselves for our family, because it is family.

makes me want to snack, and snack hard, but I know I cannot take on any stress.

I have been doing real well with trying to say NO and keep to my guns, but sometimes I want to yell.....

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK, we made plans with my sister and her family to go out to eat tonight, (almost 4 weeks ago), for our anniversary. Since my nephew's death, I haven't really been out with my sis in a long time.

Now, here is the deal...
    Her job is ending in two weeks, and she is down to 1-2 days a week.

She's not job hunting, so she goes out a buys a angora rabbit. Then the rabbit caught a cold and it was 75.00 at the vet.

Now she cannot go out to eat with me and she actually called and asked me and hubby to change our plans for her, different location closer for her to drive and for us to pay for her and her family and she will pay us back??

The drive is only 20 minutes from her house?? And to pay for her on our anniversary??

OK, didn't get upset with her and didn't commence words, but it really hurt.

I feel like every time I turn around, we are supposed to inconvenience ourselves for our family, because it is family.

makes me want to snack, and snack hard, but I know I cannot take on any stress.

I have been doing real well with trying to say NO and keep to my guns, but sometimes I want to yell.....
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yell away, go outside and rant and rave. Wave your arms, act like a lunatic and get it out of your system. You'll burn some calories and you won't be sancking! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    sounds like someting I might be doing here shortly. Yep, love family!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    BTW HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!
    so, are you going to do what your sister asks? is it too late to tell her you can't do that? maybe instead of paying for her family to eat, spend that same money on a romantic night in a motel with your honey.

Don't let the thoughtlessness of one person ruin your special evening. spend it together burning off a few calories in private :wink:

If you do decide to do as she asks do it with good grace and don't let yourself be hurt by it. you are going out to celebrate and not smolder with resentment at your self for caving into family. I know you must be very disappointed in her, but its YOUR celebration. don't add angry snacking to your feelings. save the extra calories you might eat for dinner. what ever you decide. Have a great time. :drinker:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!
    so, are you going to do what your sister asks? is it too late to tell her you can't do that? maybe instead of paying for her family to eat, spend that same money on a romantic night in a motel with your honey.

Don't let the thoughtlessness of one person ruin your special evening. spend it together burning off a few calories in private :wink:

If you do decide to do as she asks do it with good grace and don't let yourself be hurt by it. you are going out to celebrate and not smolder with resentment at your self for caving into family. I know you must be very disappointed in her, but its YOUR celebration. don't add angry snacking to your feelings. save the extra calories you might eat for dinner. what ever you decide. Have a great time. :drinker:

I told her I was sorry she couldn't make it, but put the shoe on the other foot.....
    Just left it at that and added, she wouldn't change her plans for her anniversary so it was a little rude to ask this of me.....
    hadn't been mentioned since
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    sounds like you did the right thing by keeping is casual. "sorry you can't make it but....." now, go off and have a great evening!!!
    :flowerforyou: