new, but not new....

Options
Hi everyone, i am new to myfitnesspal, but not new to the whole process. I have tried, pills and diets. I have done Atkins, Weight Watchers, ADA, you name it.....I need to get motivated and stay motivated.

Replies

• tiffanymeganb
    Options
    My trick, everytime you feel weak, go to your closet pull out those jeans or that shirt, or for a woman that bikini you REALLY wanna fit into and try it on in front of a full length mirror. Look at yourself and think I can do this and I will look brilliant in these jeans/etc.,
    That and if you're single and want someone, but struggle to be happy and confident in front of the opposite/same sex, think of some gorgeous partner that you'd have the confidence to meet!
    Add me if you want, I'd be happy to motivate you if need be :smile:
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Here... read this.... your probably putting your body into starvation mode....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

This inspired me...
  • epateman
    Options
    My problem is I am good and loose the weight then I have a problem sticking to it and decide that eating what everone else is eating is a better option. I have NO willpower. I do not know when to stop. I also am a hider of food and eating food. You know, the icecream is in the basement and I go down to do a load of laundry, so I eat directly out of the container and don't tell any one. I also have 2 major obstacles, #1 a husband who brings stuff home and can eat anything and everything. #2 a daughter who was malnurished and underweight - her nutritionist and therapist said no more counting, measuring, and weighing. Just healthy food and follow the food pyramid - that does not work for me. I LOVE to eat and food is the center of our family. I am a closet eater, an emotional eater, and I LOVE food.