Options
    sounds easy and yummy:smile:
  • Tangotweetheart
    Options
    bump
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty but the sodium... oh my....
  • mrjasper25
    mrjasper25 Posts: 29
    Options
    Looks good and easy. Thanks
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    sodium levels would be super high..but sounds good.

True, and my new goal is to cut down on my sodium (one way by using less canned goods). But wow, it does sound good, figure if I modify a bit it'll fit for me.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Whats the sodium on this per serving? Im guessing insane lol sounds good though
  • pcon1212
    pcon1212 Posts: 22
    Options
    That sounds great! And easy!
  • kellymiller23
    Options
    I made this soup using this recipe. I used all low-sodium versions of the canned goods, and used frozen chicken instead of canned. By my calculations, a one-cup serving was 162 calories, 2g of fat, 86mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates, and 10g protein. And it was delicious!! Hope this was helpful.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    and whats the calories????????????
  • minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP, SOUNDS AWESOME. THANK YOU!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SissaRichelle
    Options
    Sounds easy and yummy!
  • Trevorcook91
    Trevorcook91 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Imani9629
    Imani9629 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump. Yes finally! I've been looking for a good taco soup recipe!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    sodium levels would be super high..but sounds good.

That was my first thought.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
    1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
    1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
    1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
    1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
    1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
    1 packet taco seasoning
    Directions
    Mix all ingredients together in a large pot. Heat until warm, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips.

the night before soak some dried beans in your crock pot (not turned on)- i don't actually know how much the inflate... i think they double in size... (the dried beans are dirt cheap too! added bonus) in the morning, drain the liquid and add some tomatoes (i use fresh almost all the time, or i get the mashed ones in a glass jar because i don't lke canned tomatoes for the bpa in the liner... so i would add 2 cups of diced tomatoes, 2 cups of frozen corn, a lb of cheap ground poultry, and cover in chicken broth (i make my own, but whatever) or water.

For taco seasoning all i ever use is garlic, a good ton of chili powder, cumin and coriander.

cook in crock pot all day until beans are cooked, adding liquid if they get uncovered.

at the end i would add a can of evaporated milk (not sweetend condensed milk) or even thick coconut milk (but not a whole can) or yogurt, or sour cream... whatever makes it creamy.

The only thing missing in my alteration is enchilada sauce, because i don't actually know what it is....I'm sure with the low sodium substitutions, you can put in your enchilada sauce...

This will not only save you socium, and plastic, but money since dried beans are the cheapest!!!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    and whats the calories????????????

:explode:

please read the first pages, People have none there own working out of the cals. Everyones will be slightly different depending on products.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks !
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I make one similar to this but have never added cream of chicken. Will have to try this. Those worried about sodium content and healthy, just drain/rinse your canned items and swap low sodium items where you can (especially on the taco seasoning).
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds fantastic, thank you for sharing! I'm going to the store to grab all of the ingredients, swapping for lower sodium options when I can! Yummo! :tongue: