My new life

Options
Hey all,
I haven't been here for a while. The main reason why I haven't been here is because I have been super duper busy. I got two jobs because of the recession. Now, I am done with my Masters; i just handed in my final paper. And I am almost done with my contract for my second job. I am going to go back to Curves and see just what I can do to make myself feel better. Because of my outrageously busy schedule, I haven't been taking good care of myself and have been eating all the fast food in the world. In fact, I don't really like the fast food anymore. I need to become a best friend of Subway. Anyway... I also have a good chance of being pregnant. So, I need to figure out what in the world I want to do. I know i need to lose some weight because it would be better for the both of us, if there is both of us... but it would be good for me to do anyway.... let me know what you think. I am 5"8.75 and 208 lbs. It is time to make a change. :happy:

Replies

• Paradox28
    Paradox28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am just right around where you are height/weight. I say go for it!!! It is perfectly okay to get healthy especially if there is a "us". \m/
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    I wish I could re-do both my pregnancies and all the JUNK I ate while pregnant. If you are pregnant, now is not the time to go on a crazy diet... But you can change the way you eat so you and the baby are more healthy during pregnancy, which in turn will probably slow any weight gain you may get, and baby still gets all the nutrients they need. Starving yourself would put baby and you in harms way. Drink lots of water. Get plenty of rest 8 hours worth. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and portion your food between protein and carbs and fat. yes not all fat is bad...eat good fats, avocados, nuts, olive oil ect... carbs are good too, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. and don't forget to snack inbetween meals...you should be eating every 2-3 hours about 100-200 calories. Hope this info was helpful.
  • Panda8Angel8Faith
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, but there is no baby. I am not sure how to take that, but it is a good opportunity to get me back into shape. :)
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    You're the same height and almost the same weight as me - I've been eating 1200 calories for just over a week and have already lost 11lbs. You can do it, you just need to plan ahead with your meals so you're not grabbing fast food when you're out because you're hungry.
    Get your body healthy and hopefully you'll conceive your baby and have a happy healthy pregnancy.