Becoming extremely bored with dinner...

Options
Okay...I'm out of dinner ideas. I work all day and have little time to prepare dinner, what are your go to meals? Thanks!!!!

Replies

• m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    steamed caluflower with cooked/broiled chicken and rice.mmmmm
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Do you like Tuna fish?

Smoked Tuna Quesadilla

I buy this starkist hickory smoked tuna. It comes in the pouch instead of the can. I mix the entire pouch with 1 table spoon mayo, 2 table spoons sweet onion, 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic. Place it inside of a South Beach Diet Carb Smart Whole Wheat Tortilla. Place 1 ounce of your favorite cheddar cheese (i really like a spicy cheddar) inside. Fold the tortilla in half so it makes a quesadilla.

In a frying pan heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil. Fry the quesadilla on one side until it is golden brown. Carefully flip it over and fry on the other side.

Its really yummy and only 432 Calories. you could still have a salad or something!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I make a quick & easy pasta stir fry.

4 oz. uncooked Barilla Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti (cooked per box instructions)

In a medium skillet, put 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 bag of frozen broccoli stir fry frozen veggies or stir fry veggies of your choice, add 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1 oz. sliced mushrooms, and 1 can bean sprouts (drained).. Steam veggies, covered, for about 10 min. while pasta is cooking. When pasta is done, drain it and add it to the veggies. Add 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce, lemon pepper to taste, stir and simmer another 5 min.

This is NOM NOM good!!! You get lots of protein from the pasta too!

We have this at least once or twice a week.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Curried Potatoes and Peas in a whole wheat tortilla with a salad.

Black beans and brown rice. With a salad (plus cilantro).
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas!!!! boneless, skinless chicken tenders, a bag of bird's eye frozen pepper stir fry, whole grain tortillas, fat free sour cream, and fajita seasoning mix (i buy the salt free kind). You can also make your own salsa or guac (healthy fat in moderation...of course)

Its all really low in cal & fat depending on the brands you buy. I love these!!!!

Good Earth has some great boxed meals where you just add shrimp or chicken. The spicy citrus glazed type is my favorite.

Just a few ideas if your looking to spice things up a bit :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Perdue perfect porpotion marinated chicken breast grilled on the george forman with one of the many steamers from green giant. Takes about 5 minutes to make.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I cheat! I cook 2-3 family size dishes on my day off as well as 4-6 baked/grilled chicken breasts. I portion them out and put them in the freezer in those ziploc containers. I usually have 5-6 different entrees in the freezer to choose from. I leave the chicken breasts in the fridge in a ziploc bag so I can use them in sandwiches or salads or just a chunk as a snack.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to stop by my blog. :) each week i post a new supper menu and occassionally will add a recipe.

http://www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time to cook. Some of my faves:
    Raw kale salad with Galeo's (amazing!) dressing and some smoked tri tip from whole foods
    Steak, portabella, and veggie pot
    Ground turkey patty sauteed with green veggies. Just added shirataki (20 calorie!) noodles to the pot tonight and it was great
    I will throw a turkey breast in the crockpot overnight and enjoy it for a while with different veggies
    Sardines sauteed (sounds gross, but it's a Jamaican dish that is amazing!) with garlic powder, salt and pepper with brown rice and veggies
    Jerk salmon or chicken with rice or sweet potato
    Curried garbanzo beans and rice
    Lima beans with veggies
    Lentil soup with gluten free cornbread

I try to take advantage of the summer foods, like squash, argil, and whatever I find from the farmers market

When I'm really in a rush I always have some already cooked whole foods meat, canned tuna, or beans on hand to quickly sautee with frozen veggies or eat with a kale or spinach salad. If I am in the mood for cereal or an omelet or something else un-dinner like, I will eat that and be happy.