herbalife!

Options
i'm just wondering how many people out there actually approve of this product. for me it is marvelous. i used to weight 236 and got down to the 180s with this product and exercise. i gained 10 lbs back within a couple months, but I have stopped using herbalife for about a year now. i just ordered it again b/c I want to get down to my ultimate goal, 160. sooo excited:)
anyways.. what are ur opinions of it? has anyone tried it with success?

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have not personally tried it, but a couple of people at work have used it and lost weight. I'm not sure what all they take, but I know they drink the shakes and take some pills. I tried the cookies and cream shake and didn't like it at all, it was very watery, but I don't know if it was suppose to be that way or if that's just how they made it.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know a few people on here that use it. I am about to start using it. I just got my catalog in the mail
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My mom was successful at losing about 50 pounds. She gained it back, plus many, when she stopped Herbalife (but by then she had other health problems that got in the way of good exercise. Like MS, then cancer.)
  • m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    the shakes arent all that but you can add fruit to it and ice and make a smoothie.. mmm i personally don't drink the shakes anymore, that comes to be too pricey. i just buy the pills
  • m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    abyt42- i am so sorry for the loss of your mom:(
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Obviously, because I am a Distributor of Herbalife, I am going to say it rocks! We basically do the shakes in addition to our meals. I make a huge meal out of a shake with Silk, Yogurt, fruit, (or fruit juices) and crushed ice. I make enough for 2 shakes, log it in under breakfast, then have the remainder at a later snack.

One of my friends was pregnant with twins. She started both of them off on the Formula 1 shake mix and they are as healthy as any children (actually they are tweens at this point) can be. Her Doctor gave her the go-ahead, as all the nutrients, etc. that you need are in the shake mix.

I don't count on the shakes as meals alone anymore. But there is nothing like a nice cold shake when you're done with a grueling workout! Well, that's my 2 cents worth...

:drinker:
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    If memory serves me, herbalife was very big years ago. The problem was (with the people I knew on it) that you do lose weight quickly but will put it back on just as quickly and then some.. I don't have the product in front of me, but check the ingredients...chances are it contains Guarana which is similar to Ephedra, a form of speed... (do your friends have an awful lot of energy?) My doc warned me years ago to stay away from weight loss products that contain those ingredients. It can be very bad for your heart. I don't know if they have refined the product in recent years, but just be aware of the ingredients:)
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    chances are it contains Guarana

I just checked the labels of the shake and there is no Guarana. I do not believe any of the other supplements have it either. That is a very good point, tho!! Anything with Ephedra would scare the crap out of me. I remember years ago a bride-to-be died after taking Ephedra to lose enough weight to fit into her wedding dress. : (