Seeking Fellow Atkins/Low-Carbers!

Options
Hi! I'm back to using MFP after wanting something more comprehensive than what Atkins.Com is offering and looking for anyone who's also low-carbing it :-)

Replies

• EccNineTen
    Options
    Hi! I am a big fan of the Atkins Diet (done the right way) and used to use their site too! I just started MFP today and I am hoping tracking my low-carb foods wont be a problem. :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am a high carber, need your fuel!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    There is a primal paleo support group. Not quite Atkins but you might enjoy it. You can add me. I am struggling to resume my lo carb way of eating right now.
  • RachelMMtz
    Options
    I eat LC but cannot eat dairy ... I have to add recipes in here all the time to adjust for my WOE, difficult and time consuming but very doable!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I go for Low Carb but don't stress about it. Sometimes I eat lasagna, sometimes I eat pizza... I focus more on the weekly carb intake than daily. I did South Beach a few years ago and lost 150 pounds, now I want to do something more realistic and easier to stick with.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a low-carber, but am thinking of slow-carbing to amp up my weight lifting.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am for around 15 net carbs a day :)

Feel free to add me :drinker:
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to eat more Paleo/low carb because I have found that I do not lose AT ALL eating any other way:( I'm also looking to add more friends who have similar eating plans to share ideas and motivation with!
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to eat more Paleo/low carb because I have found that I do not lose AT ALL eating any other way:( I'm also looking to add more friends who have similar eating plans to share ideas and motivation with!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a low-carber, but am thinking of slow-carbing to amp up my weight lifting.

ditto
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    im a south beach low carber
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I just started on Atkins three days ago. Hopefully, today is the last day of the "flu", but I'm in if for the long haul. Please count me in, as well.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I've gotten myself to Ketosis, but I didn't find it sustainable. You can check by purchasing this little sticks that you pee on. What works for me personally is cycling in low, medium and high carb days.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I don't follow Atkins but eat a low carb diet as much as possible
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber. Adapted the lifestyle because I wanted to get rid of my sweet tooth! Well that and a friend lost 80+ pounds following Atkins. I try to avoid dairy most of the time. I think I'm starting to become lactose intolerant so some days it's tough to find snacks and such.
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Carbs are for suckers!

Just kidding. I aim for low carb (under 30% will sometimes drop to under 20%.) Open diary.

I also lift heavy things... add me if you'd like, anyone!
  • HAGO37
    HAGO37 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a low carber as well. however I love pasta too much. Sometimes just have to sneak it into my diet.