HELP ME!! Protein Powder for Insanity workout??

Options
I need to add more protein to my diet since I'm doing Insanity and starting Month 2 on Monday. It's a great after workout drink for me because I'm usually not hungry at 5am after working out. What brand do you suggest? I am using Body Fortress, but heard that I shouldn't be buying cheap store bought stuff!

HELP!

Replies

• The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use Pro Gold and I buy it from Popeye's. I find it fills me up and the calories are low in it.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Isopure brand has great protein powders with a lot of protein in them.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have both used Gold Standard and currently using Amplified Extreme 60. Both have been great for me.

I only really felt sore after I stopped taking my multivitamin for 3 days, shame on me.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think it matters that much at all. I've done it 2x's now with store bought stuff and have no issues.

I bounce around a bit as I get bored with the same kinds but usually use:

EAS 100% Whey (I think this one tastes the best)
    GNC Lean Protein (Lots of great flavors like Banana and Cookies and Cream; Bit higher carb that most but will use this more as a meal replacement)
    Six Star Professional Strength 100% Whey (Has Creatine and 60g Protein; Weird taste to me)
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey (Using now as the store was out of Six Star but happily I think it tastes better than Six-star; Has Creatine and 60g Protein as well)

One other staple I use is Cottage Cheese. If you can stomach the texture (I can), 1 c = 28g of Protein. Look for the 1% stuff and if you can find lower sodium that would be best. Also, Greek Yogurt (look for non-fat and plain or vanilla) is a great add on as well. 12-13g usually in an 8oz serving.

Get as much from natural sources such as your meats and adjust your Protein shake usage accordingly.

Edit to Add: With regards to the after workout drink, I use either Accelerade or Endurox 4. These have the 4:1 Carb to Protein ration that is suggested by the "Beachbody Recovery Drink". While not protein shakes they do have protein with fast absorbing carbs to instantly fuel your body after intense workouts. I primarily use Accelerade as it's lower calorie than Endurox 4. You can get them at Health Food stores.
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    Anyone have any experience using universal ultra whey pro?
  • lovetospoog
    Options
    bulk nutrients. 5kg for 100
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    bump