Caloric Values? Help me :(

hmlayman
hmlayman Posts: 70
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Tonight for dinner we ate simple salads. Baby spinach combined with regular salad mix with tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, and green pepper. I have been here for two days and am not quite sure how to do everything. I was positive I could figure out how to log it in, but I can't :frown: There is so many ingredients and I am not sure of the values of said ingredients. please help

Replies

• flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    If you click on the Food tab at the top of your screen, it will bring up your food diary. Then choose the Add Food link under Dinner (or whichever meal you are recording), and it will bring up a search box where you can type in the name of the food you want to find the caloric value for (e.g. broccoli). Scroll through the matching foods, click on the one you want, then choose Add Food to Diary. That's it! :)
  • I would type in each item, they will come up..or go to the recipe builder..maybe that would work..I have not tried the builder yet..let me know how it works..
  • hmlayman
    I am not able to find the recipe builder???
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Click on the "food" tab, then click the "Recipe" tab. The Recipe calculator is on the right hand side.
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    The recipe builder is probably more in depth that you want to go. I'd just enter every ingredient separately, then you can save the meal if you think you will eat the same salad multiple times.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    The recipe builder is probably more in depth that you want to go. I'd just enter every ingredient separately, then you can save the meal if you think you will eat the same salad multiple times.

I agree. Either is frustrating though because if you don't have cucumbers, for example, you can't edit the meal or recipe to take it out, so you have to either redo it all anyway.

I would add each ingredient separately or use the premix's calories then add in the spinach calories.
  • hmlayman
    Thank you everyone for your help. I ended up entering everything seperately although I am questioning how accurate it is because of specifics. I hope I get better at this soon!!!!
  • gibbsgirl
    I agree. Either is frustrating though because if you don't have cucumbers, for example, you can't edit the meal or recipe to take it out, so you have to either redo it all anyway.

Yes you can. Once you add that meal to your diary, it adds each ingredient separately, so you can just delete the ones you don't have.
  • gibbsgirl
    I'm a total dork and don't know how to quote, lol.
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Thank you everyone for your help. I ended up entering everything seperately although I am questioning how accurate it is because of specifics. I hope I get better at this soon!!!!

Just enter your foods using your best estimate of what you ate for that meal. The closer the better. The key is to evaluate what you've eaten that week, look at the carbs/fats/calories it gives, and make adjustments to your diet as needed to have better control of what you consume the next time for that specific meal. I've learned what certain items i eat are better choices this way. And of course, there's a little leeway, but as long as you're trying and exercising, you will eventually get good results. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.