Made Great Choices Today!!!

Options
I'm so proud of myself and I have realized today that I really want this and will keep doing it no matter what. I had two opportunities to go all over the map calorie wise, but I didn't.

I have an autistic, mentally challenged step-son who does not always do well in public environments. My husband has been out of town all week or a training class but I really needed to go to the store to get some things. I told my son that if we got everything done and he made good choices, we could go to Taco Casa for lunch (his favorite place to eat). He said OK. He did awesome and I'm very proud of him. I looked at the calories prior to going and I only ordered 1 bean burrito, whereas I used to order 2 and a taco because they are so awesome tasting. The one burrito filled me up and I was done. This kept me within my lunch calories and I walked out feeling completely guilt free! Oh, not to mention, they have the best SWEET tea that I have ever tasted, but again, I opted for unsweet tea and added Sweet n Low. It was still really good.

Second, same situation, but this time, my daughter had something come up and we had to run an errand to pick up some stuff for her. This time I bribed him (if that's what you want to call it) with ice cream. I have been cravin Braums for about 3 weeks now and finally got my fix today. Again, instead of the brownie fudge sundae I really wanted, I got the small soft frozen yogurt. It was very refreshing and subsided my cravings.

Have a great day!

Replies

• FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Good job!
  • zachswifey
    Options
    Awesome! I have found that those 100 calorie snack packs and a cold cup (literally a cup) of skim milk totally calms my sweet tooth and I don't feel I am depriving myself. I can enjoy that without the guilt as it only comes to about 185 calories for the treat. Keep up the great choices. I am finding we can do things we enjoy in moderation but remain accountable for those calories!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    awesome! i'm having pizza tonight, but instead of ordering out and eating 5-6 pieces :blushing: i made a frozen one from home and am allowing myself one piece and a salad! i'm trying to keep eating what i enjoy, just less, so i don't fall into the ultimate binge and go crazy on something. good for you!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Remember, this weight loss journey is all about these little choices we make here and there. Like your day today, that's great! You can still go to your favorite places you just have to have a plan in place. Whether it means looking at the nutritional info online or just making a healthier swap or even having a small or child's portion of what you really want. All these better choices will add up.

Good for you!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    awesome! i'm having pizza tonight, but instead of ordering out and eating 5-6 pieces :blushing: i made a frozen one from home and am allowing myself one piece and a salad! i'm trying to keep eating what i enjoy, just less, so i don't fall into the ultimate binge and go crazy on something. good for you!

Awesome! That's what I do - well, I do pickup LIttle Ceasars because they are only $5 for a large, but they eat as much pizza as they want and I eat a piece or 2 depending on how many cals I have left and add a big salad as well. Filling, but we still get our fix, huh?
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Found your post and wanted to add. I work at a school, but in the office. Now that the kids and the teachers are back, the food is back in the teachers work room, which is right next to my office. I haven't eaten any of the desserts or breakfast stuff and only had a little bit of the taco stuff without the shells and with more veggies for lunch one day.

I'm doing this!
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are all doing great and it is wonderful for the motivation when we are able to make good choices. I work in a grocery store. We have a scratch bakery and I don't even go down the road of just 1 or anything like that. We have a salad bar and that is all I allow myself to buy for lunch...lol I am not good at alittle i find I have to be none.
  • Sonflower
    Options
    Great Job..smart choices pay off...I know that now that I am eating better I have less sugar cravings, so I am feeling better...and that keeps me wanting to make smarter choices..

Keep thinking smart..
  • 66PollyAnna
    66PollyAnna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I made two great choices as well, so I will celebrate with you and congratulate you as well. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!