I am over my calories..BUT...

Options
Cheeto's puffs are calling my name!!! What to do!?!?

Replies

• dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Either jog in place while eating them so as to not feel too guilty, eat less tomorrow and scarf away, or... step away from the bag. The choice is ultimatley yours. Good luck!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I am going to be supportive here, you have lost 6 pounds and if you are like me you lose and then ease up on yourself because I think, hey I lost, it's ok. If you reeeeeeaaaaalllly want those cheeto puffs then have a few to satisfy your craving, if it's not worth it, then swap for some popcorn or something not so damaging and tell Chester Cheeta to can it. Could luck. I hope you will return the favor and remind me one day because this is my biggest downfall. MSG.....can't eat just one!!!!Good luck!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Strap on your runners and go for a nice, brisk walk. When you get back, have a big glass of water and then change into some dry clothes. IF you STILL want them after that, measure out one serving, sit at the table (no TV to distract you or they'll be gone before you know it) and enjoy and savour every single bite.

I bet you don't want 'em so much after the walk. :) And next time...you can open up the bag and dump them into the garbage on the way out the door to do another walk!! :)
  • tcdc86
    tcdc86 Posts: 14
    Options
    Eat them, but make sure to excercise just as many calories as you take in ~O.O~

If it were me, I would end up eating more than I should so have control!!
  • Michelle_H
    Options
    Read the ingredients on the packet - that should be enough to put you off!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Step away from the bag!!! This is a recording, PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE BAG!!!, WARNING WARNING THIS BAG IS FULL OF FAT AND EMPTY CALORIES, I REPEAT, PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE BAG!!!
  • mlfletes
    Options
    I say step away from the bag.... cause I know when I eat one I can't stop till they are all gone..lol...so its better to not even go there.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Haha--so true! That does it for me every time!!!! Well..... ALMOST every time. :laugh:
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    RUN! They cannot be consumed in discrete units, it never works out, they come up on you and overtake you with their weird orange power. Do not give them the chance!!! GO GO GO!!! This is not a drill!
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    So, it's processed food/empty calories blah blah blah, but cheetos make a 100 calorie pack, called cheetos asteroids. Tastes just like cheetos but are in smaller pieces. Very good. Maybe go buy some of those?
  • canelove
    Options
    Go brush your teeth with extra toothpaste, "forget" to rinse and take a bite of that Cheeto. If you still want them after that, then you should probably just go ahead and have a serving of them. I've found that any craving of mine that survives that trick is one that must be satisfied. If not, then I just eat lots of other stuff to take its place and end up gaining weight along the way.
  • Ironbear
    Ironbear Posts: 15
    Options
    Trader Joes has a cheese crunch that is fairly healthy for a snack if its nature. The have them in cheddar Jalapeno too!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    So, it's processed food/empty calories blah blah blah, but cheetos make a 100 calorie pack, called cheetos asteroids. Tastes just like cheetos but are in smaller pieces. Very good. Maybe go buy some of those?

OMG! A friend of mine told me about Cheetos Asteroids and they are the BOMB!!!!! I suggest you pick some up next time you're at the store and indulge in a serving of them next time Chester Cheeta comes calling.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You're 6 pounds into a 70-pound weight loss. This is your first test. Here is where you start learning discipline and self-control. If you cave now, the next 64 pounds aren't going to be easy. This is the time when you reach down inside yourself and make the decision to change your life for the better....starting with those Cheetos.

I know this is tough love, but the more you practice discipline, the better you get at it. You can do it! And throw the darn bag out! :bigsmile:
  • jlizgar
    jlizgar Posts: 104
    Options
    You're 6 pounds into a 70-pound weight loss. This is your first test. Here is where you start learning discipline and self-control. If you cave now, the next 64 pounds aren't going to be easy. This is the time when you reach down inside yourself and make the decision to change your life for the better....starting with those Cheetos.

I know this is tough love, but the more you practice discipline, the better you get at it. You can do it! And throw the darn bag out! :bigsmile:

Im going to totally agree with this one and second everything she said! Ive got around the same amount to loose and ive only lost about 10lbs so we are about in the same place...ive had to give up some food items that I really didnt want to but that I KNEW I would have to in order to reach my ultimate goal...I quit drinking soda cold turkey, its been nearly a month and at this point I dont even miss them (well, sometimes but I havent given in to a craving yet!). There are still things I consume that I know I shouldnt but ive really tried to stay away from food items that are nothing but pure and total crap...I think cheetos would fall into that catagory....maybe try snacking on real cheese if you are craving for that cheesy flavor...id rather eat real cheese no matter the calories, than fake processed cheese powder product LOL
    Good luck to you, I know its hard, but the sooner you overcome it the better, you will be a more healthy person and a thinner person for it in the end!
    I love the quote I saw on here by Kate Moss (unhealthy waif that she is!) "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I just keep telling myself that :)
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How about a cheese stick instead? Eat it very slowly and enjoy the cheese-ness(yeah I know that's not a word). If that doesn't work, and you are gonna give in... definatley don't watch TV while you do it. If you do that, and your like me, the entire bag will be gone with one good rerun of Friends. Cheetos are evil... nuf said :smile:
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If it's a small bag, single serving, eat about half... and be sure to lick your fingers!!! Save the other half for tomorrow. If it's a BIG bag, don't even open it until you have a party... and share them!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Haha--so true! That does it for me every time!!!! Well..... ALMOST every time. :laugh:

Me too! It gets me away from the Chips Ahoy nearly every time! When I grocery shop I usually stand in the cookie isle for about 8 minutes drooling, read the calorie content of the Chips Ahoy and leave. It satisfies my cravings just being there and the calories gross me out to not want to eat them.
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your support, love, concern and help.. I have to say that I am VERY proud of myself with watching what I eat... I am very surprised with my portion control! I did end up having some cheetos.. but only the serving size on the bag.. I took advice of not watching t.v. and just savored every 1 of those 13 cheeto puffs that I had.. and they were delish! Now I am on to today and its a new day and a great day!!
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!!!!!! I know better said then done, good luck. :happy: