Help!! (White Cake Mix with Pudding)

megatron123
megatron123 Posts: 18
edited September 21 in Recipes
I am not a very experienced baker, but I need to make a cake for someone tomorrow. The recipe calls for store bought "white cake mix with pudding". I can find several references to this online (i.e. a cake mix with pudding already in the mix), but I could not find any cake mixes with pudding in the mix at the store. If this exists - what brands carry it? And, if I can't find it, do I need to add pudding to the mix myself?

Any help from you experienced bakers out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :-)

Replies

• I've never had luck finding mixes with the pudding already in it, so I've just added a small box of pudding and it's always worked out fine. I'd recommend you do that - or find a different recipe! Good luck!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    mmmmm your distracting my weight loss!!! LOL
  • Pillsbury has a pudding in the mix line. Look carefully on the box and it is written on the front of the box. Otherwise add your own box of dry instant vanilla pudding mix.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Pillsbury has a pudding in the mix line. Look carefully on the box and it is written on the front of the box. Otherwise add your own box of dry instant vanilla pudding mix.

Yep, it's Pillsbury!! Or adding a box of instant pudding mix works too, just match the flavors. You don't have to use any extra liquid or eggs or anything if you opt to add the pudding mix. I would caution against buying the sugar free pudding mixes though, they don't quite "work" the same in baking.
This discussion has been closed.