fat binding and weight loss pills

Options
2»

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    If you want some real weight loss pills instead of snake oil, go see your doctor and get something like Adderall.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Additionally I like to hear different opinions as many on here take whey protein but there's lots of negativity about that too it really is difficult to work out what works and what doesn't

I don't know about pills, but whey protein shakes are part of my daily routine and have helped.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight, your losses are going to be very slow, most likely. It's normal.
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight, your losses are going to be very slow, most likely. It's normal.

I hope that this is true for me, I know I need to add resistance training but I'm just no good at sticking to it I need classes lol, I gained a few stone in a few years admittedly I needed some but put on a bit too much, tried to reset but ended on putting on more and keeping it I was just hoping to see some results by now if I put it on that quick I hoped it wouldn't be TOO hard to lose a little
  • beckymlong
    Options
    I have just replied via this subject on Sunshine's thread.

I have copied my posting and pasted it here as a little warning to some people that are looking into these sort of slimming aids:

The only "assistance" I have ever tried were tablets that I bought out of the chemist (needed no prescription) to help speed up my metabolism. This was about twenty years ago.

Unfortunately, the same pills caused my heartrate to fly through the roof during my aerobic class, resulting in me having a heartbeat of 220 bpm after one exertion.

I immediately threw them away and now steer clear of any pills that are supposed to aid slimming and weightloss attempts.

Definitely research it all thoroughly OP and then make up your mind whether you still want to go ahead. Google specifically for the downfalls and side-effects of those sort of products.

I just found this post, thank you, after all this I certainly do not want these side effects
  • rml_16
    Options

I hope that this is true for me, I know I need to add resistance training but I'm just no good at sticking to it I need classes lol, I gained a few stone in a few years admittedly I needed some but put on a bit too much, tried to reset but ended on putting on more and keeping it I was just hoping to see some results by now if I put it on that quick I hoped it wouldn't be TOO hard to lose a little

Well, you're 26 so a lot of that is likely your body changing and maturing as much as anything else. You are probably smaller than your weight indicates, even. And you're definitely at a healthy weight for your height (even if you'd like to weigh less). It's the rare person who can lose quickly while at a healthy weight, even if it's not the low end of the healthy range.

I weigh close to what you weigh and am four inches shorter and I wear a US size 8, which isn't an especially large size. I imagine you aren't relatively much bigger (and are probably smaller) than I am.

Don't do something that can impact your health for vanity reasons. Just keep working out and eating healthy and you'll get to where you want to be.
  • beckymlong
    Options

Well, you're 26 so a lot of that is likely your body changing and maturing as much as anything else. You are probably smaller than your weight indicates, even. And you're definitely at a healthy weight for your height (even if you'd like to weigh less). It's the rare person who can lose quickly while at a healthy weight, even if it's not the low end of the healthy range.

I weigh close to what you weigh and am four inches shorter and I wear a US size 8, which isn't an especially large size. I imagine you aren't relatively much bigger (and are probably smaller) than I am.

Don't do something that can impact your health for vanity reasons. Just keep working out and eating healthy and you'll get to where you want to be.

I just read your profile I am in a similar situation as yourself have always been thin truly believe my contraceptive injection contributed to my weight gain, plus obvious maturing factors, it just disappoints me being very slim to now holding a bit extra, bothered me most when my clothes stopped fitting
  • rml_16
    Options
    I just read your profile I am in a similar situation as yourself have always been thin truly believe my contraceptive injection contributed to my weight gain, plus obvious maturing factors, it just disappoints me being very slim to now holding a bit extra, bothered me most when my clothes stopped fitting

In my early to mid 20s, I gained like 15 pounds suddenly. But looking back at photos and the clothes I fit into then, even though I was heavier on the scale, I was still very small. Of course, at the time I didn't FEEL like I was so small because I didn't weigh what I had weighed in my teens and very, very early 20s. I have the advantage now of perspective, though. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

In my late 20s, though, I ended up in a size 12, which for me is VERY large. I can only blame that on a slowed metabolism plus a new relationship (you always gain in a new relationship! lol). But I lost that easily before the BC screwed everything up.

If you got the Depo shot, though, there's a very good chance your gain has a lot to do with that, as well.

I don't blame you for wanting to lose and I totally get it. Just do it healthy and you'll be fine. :-)
  • beckymlong
    Options
    That's great thanks, I'm totally the same, new relationship, depo now a UK size 12 almost a14 sometimes but I'm used to being a 10
  • availles
    availles Posts: 11
    Options
    Totally agree with shezzl. These fat binders are nothing more than laxatives. If it's handholding or motivation you need then for a modest sum an activity tracker program might be for you.There are a few on the market but fitbugorb offer coaching on diet, sleeping patterns and fitness tasks, all designed to get you in better shape small steps at a time. Best of luck.