ohh nooo bad way to start my day :(

Options
uhhhggg!! I failed again...last night I ate super late at night thinking "oh ill just eat a late breakfast tomorrow"....well this morning I wasnt even hungry but ate anyways!!

I cant seem to control myself living here with my family for the summer...I had a HORRIBLE breakfast. Icecream, chips, sugar cereal.... not good at all......:grumble: :sad:

At my apartment I usually just don't have all these unhealthy foods to even be tempted...here I have no choice..

WHAT SHOULD I DO for the rest of the day???? exercise like a maniac?? haha

Replies

• kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1) it happened in the past.. don't dwell on it

2) you have to get some will power (I know it's hard, but you have to or you are creating a pattern) Why are you losing weight? That should be your focus, write it down or look a picture, what ever motivates you. When are going to impulse eat, look at it. that should help you focus again.

3) find some heathlier things to eat (even if you have to go to the store) - you have a choice - don't put it in your mouth. If you are tempted to eat it, go for a walk, get outside, chew gum, do something else besides eat.

hugs.. I feel you!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Do what you can for exercise; don't kill yourself though! Put the morning behind you and make good choices for the rest of the day! :flowerforyou:
  • KatieKlotz
    KatieKlotz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    FIRST thing you should do is forgive yourself and move on! Just make better choices the rest of the day - and get some cardio in. I also recommend going to the grocery store and getting the healthier versions of these foods for yourself to eat.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes, get some good exercise, but don't over do it. I say, chalk it up to an accident and don't give yourself much grief about it.

Make sure you keep healthy foods in the house for yourself. If you want chips, get a carrot stick instead, and eat the whole thing. If you want ice cream, eat a piece of fruit or some applesauce. If you are tempted to eat late at night, slowly drink a cup of water first.

If you are constantly surrounded by temptation, you are going to have to fight it face to face. Don't wait until you get really hungry, fill up on good things and it will be a little better!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    First off, I would get it out of the house! Toss it! Ok, never mind, it's not your house. :D Second, get some exercise in, it will make you feel better. I find that if I am going to eat late that I make it something with a good amount of protein. That way the protein sustains me and it also helps reduce my cravings. Make sure that you are getting enough lean protein in during the day - it really does help.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    uhhhggg!! I failed again...last night I ate super late at night thinking "oh ill just eat a late breakfast tomorrow"....well this morning I wasnt even hungry but ate anyways!!

Just thinking about this.... perhaps you should rethink "when" you eat. You shouldn't put off breakfast the next day just because you ate late the night before. 1) each day is a new day! and 2) you should really try to maintain a regular schedule for eating.... 5 or 6 small meals/snacks every 2 - 3 hours. You might be going too long without eating. That is why you are ravenous when it comes time to finally eat. 3) and yes, sometimes, this means you WILL be eating even when you aren't hungry. At these times, even a small, healthy snack (good carb and lean protein) will help maintain your metabolism.

Hope that helps!
  • purpleprose
    Options

I cant seem to control myself living here with my family for the summer...I had a HORRIBLE breakfast. Icecream, chips, sugar cereal.... not good at all......:grumble: :sad:

At my apartment I usually just don't have all these unhealthy foods to even be tempted...here I have no choice..

WHAT SHOULD I DO for the rest of the day???? exercise like a maniac?? haha

Does your family know that you're trying to lose weight? When I went home recently, my mother asked if there was anything she needed to hide/throw away before I got there, which I thought was really considerate. She didn't buy junk food or offer me dessert at dinner out because she didn't want to sabotage/hurt me.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I agree with the put it in the past and try to get some exercise in. I would turn the boxes, bags, etc where the nutrition info faces out so you have to look at it to grab it. Perhaps even circle the "bad stuff" like high fat, calories, etc. A friend of mine that has lost over 80 lbs on ww would write the points in big black letters on boxes of junk food her hubby would bring home. I don't do ww or points, but I love the idea of writing on temping boxes!!
  • freenow
    freenow Posts: 7
    Options
    When we succumb to our food temptations it is hard not to feel discouraged and just give up. You are human, it happens to us all. I allow myself a cheat here and there. This allows me to not feel deprived. I do have a sugar tooth and will indulge in a sweet delight here and there. The Yoplait Source Dessert Selection yougurts taste devine, and helps me to stay on course. You've already recognized that you fell off course, tomorrow is a brand new day. You'll be just fine! Remember that you are beautiful and deserve to feel good about yourself:)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    When I catch myself wanting to eat something bad, it usually means one thing: I'm not REALLY hungry.

The best way to avoid temptation is to figure out what you REALLY want or need. For instance, when I'm craving junk food, I'm usually bored or tired. So, I walk the dogs, play a game of horse with my little sister, or find my deck of cards. Something to move and/or keep my mind busy.

Good luck! It can be a frustrating road, but you can do it!

(It gets surprisingly easier when you work through your temptations in other ways and realize that that's not what hunger feels like.)
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Sometimes I think the idea that any food is "bad" is the thing that makes people give up. I find the best thing is to not ban any foods but to eat them in moderation. Sometimes we can "tweak" them so if we have a real craving we can fit them into our calorie allowance.
    Put the past back in its box, ask for your families help and look on tomorrow as a fresh start. Good luck , you deserve this and you will get there.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You did not fail. Failure is if you give up totally. You know what you did now let it pass. Just eat well the rest of the day and do your normal exercise and start the day out right. Don't beat yourself up. You always have choice. Always.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I agree with the put it in the past and try to get some exercise in. I would turn the boxes, bags, etc where the nutrition info faces out so you have to look at it to grab it. Perhaps even circle the "bad stuff" like high fat, calories, etc. A friend of mine that has lost over 80 lbs on ww would write the points in big black letters on boxes of junk food her hubby would bring home. I don't do ww or points, but I love the idea of writing on temping boxes!!

VERY good idea! haha :laugh: My family is going to think im ridiculous but ALL WELLLLLL! :tongue:

Also, Thank you everyone for the support! I really am going to try to resist my temptations...it is just EXTREMELY hard. I like the idea of putting up motivating pictures as well!
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    Eating breakfast in the morning is always so important. I fall into a circle where I eat so much at night that I wake up and don't want to eat, until the afternoon and then I get so hungry I binge, and it's a never ending cycle. But as long as I eat breakfast I can control myself the next day.
  • omidgett
    omidgett Posts: 11
    Options
    I absolutley know how you feel, whenever I go home from college to my parents house I feel like I gain 20 pounds. Home is where the food is...
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    home is definitely where to food is!! haha