What's your Super Weapon of choice??

Options
I am sure everyone has something or somethings that they could not live without, and I think it would be great to share with each other, what that Thing is for You!! It could be your scale, your tennis shoes, your favorite food whatever!! Whatever it is that you couldn't do this journey without it. I think for a lot of people they don't know how to eat right, let alone what to eat! Or what is the best brand of something from multi grain bread to a great (accurate)pedometer! This way we can all try out what works so well for others to see, if it is something that will help ourselves. Oh and MFP is a given:wink:
For me right now it is my scale! it is digital and measures grams, oz and pounds. By using a GOOD scale I know exactly how much I am getting. Also my aluminum water bottle, I used a 1 cup measuring cup to fill it up so I knew exactly how much water it was actully holding turns out it is 4 cups (i was guesstimating 3 cups before I measured) my own personal goals for water intake is 12 cups a day so once I have had 3 bottles I'm good.
Interested to see what everyones "thing" is!

Replies

• misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    1) MFP, of course! (can't stress this enough, I could NOT do this without this site and all you lovelies)
    2) My new bike, it's my pride and joy haha and was worth every penny I spent
    3) My Wii, for tennis and Active. A great way to get some exercise, no matter the weather or time of day
    4) Lean Cuisine!
    5) Fruits and berries! Yummy :]
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Like you said MFP is a given but I just have to say the food diary, exercise logs and friends are the best! I feel like it's a game, I want to win on my diary everyday! If I'm getting close to going over I take a walk. Comments from friends are like bonus points and sometimes like another life...pushing me through the day.
    Besides MFP I love my elliptical and this summer a good stroller is one thing I really rely on, a friend gave me a jogging stroller so my husband and I have been able to start the C25K.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    1. MY NUTRITION SHAKE - I cut down my business website, reduced my internet and netlfix movies so I could budget in my shake! Since I've been taking it, my cravings are nil! And I had to join MFP to make sure I was eating enough calories!!!

2. MFP - Make sure I'm giving my body enough food!!
  • KayCeeGao
    KayCeeGao Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. My family and friends
    2. Mirrors and cameras

Hopefully I can use this site to it's potential, a lot of you consider this site to be a great resource and hopefully I will too! =]
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say MFP is #1 on my list. The rest of the stuff I use is a bonus.
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My digital scale, as well. It's too easy to have no idea or a mistaken idea of how much of something that you're getting, especially those things that are more difficult or messy to measure by volume (like the 6g of light butter that I had on my crumpets this morning).
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    1. My family and friends
    2. Mirrors and cameras

Hopefully I can use this site to it's potential, a lot of you consider this site to be a great resource and hopefully I will too! =]

It is funny you mentioned Mirrors. I was thinking about that last week how I have quite a few mirrors in my house but they all show form the chest up. I was planning on putting a full length mirror on the wall facing you, when you go down our hall! Oh and that camera your right, vital tool!
    ps I am a newbie (about 2 weeks) to MFP too! Totally hooked can hardly weight till I weigh in on Sat! GREAT site!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Llike the 6g of light butter that I had on my crumpets this morning).

HAHAHA I know exactly what you mean!! It is so funny that I know I ate exactly 1 oz of>>> fill in the blank<<<
    Plus it makes it so easy to log in our diary!! :)
  • Jena_72
    Options
    1) MFP, of course! (can't stress this enough, I could NOT do this without this site and all you lovelies)
    2) My new bike, it's my pride and joy haha and was worth every penny I spent
    3) My Wii, for tennis and Active. A great way to get some exercise, no matter the weather or time of day
    4) Lean Cuisine!
    5) Fruits and berries! Yummy :]

I have got to pick myself up a Wii!!!
    Your Lean Cuisine...do you usually have those for lunch or dinner??
    I am hooked on bluberries today!!! I even added them to my salad today and it was SO GOOD!! :-)
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    1. MFP
    2. Veggies, Fruits and Nuts
    3. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar which helps me keep the carb monster under control.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83045-apple-cider-vinegar-helps-conquer-carb-cravings
  • Jena_72
    Options
    1. MFP
    2. Veggies, Fruits and Nuts
    3. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar which helps me keep the carb monster under control.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83045-apple-cider-vinegar-helps-conquer-carb-cravings

Thats a great weapon suezzzque!!