Stuck in a rut

Options
Hi everyone,
I am at the highest I have ever been as far as weight goes. And I know that its not obese, but I don't like how I look, and it is getting harder to find clothes that fit just right. I am 38, and have had 3 kids, blame it on the kids, no....I just love sweets, and treats of any kind basically. i weigh 162, and should be 140.
I came upon this site from a friend, awesome.

Dottio

Replies

• loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dottio :drinker:

I am a lover of chocolate :love: so i know how you feel. I think it does not matter how much you want to loose its all about feeling good about yourself :flowerforyou: And i imagine with 3 kids you may not get enough time to even think about you. I am also 38 and have just one child. She is nearly 3 and not yet at school so i am exhausted mainly keeping up with her and being "obese" :grumble: I am 1 bmi from being overweight though :laugh:

Good luck on acheiving your goals and feeling good about yourself :bigsmile:

Louise
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am at the highest I have ever been as far as weight goes. And I know that its not obese, but I don't like how I look, and it is getting harder to find clothes that fit just right. I am 38, and have had 3 kids, blame it on the kids, no....I just love sweets, and treats of any kind basically. i weigh 162, and should be 140.
    I came upon this site from a friend, awesome.

Dottio

Hi Dottio! Welcome to MFP!

I too used to love sweets, I would replace whole meals with bags of the things. The same went with cakes and chocolate, in fact, chocolate!!! that was a heaven-sent taste as far as I was concerned, shame my body shape didn't look heaven-sent though :laugh:

Then I did what you did, realised that my clothes were not fitting properly and in my case I just detested the way my waist hung over my waistbands, it was not a pretty sight I tell you.

I will just say this, after signing up to this site and being really, really strict with logging everything I ate, I realised in a very short space of time that the amount of calories I was consuming was ridiculous. That was when I cut the crap out, all of it! I had to ensure though, that I had some sort of protein in every meal, that way it sort of filled me up for a few hours and it was a darned sight easier to avoid snacking then, I was able to hang on in there until my next meal.

Perhaps you could try something similar and make sure you start off the day with protein and see how you go.

Let's face it, anything that helps the old will-power along just has to be a goer I think :drinker:

Feel free to add me if you want. All the best :flowerforyou:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey there! We have the same starting weight and a similar goal. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)