Personal Trainer Rates

Options
dawningr
dawningr Posts: 387 Member
How much do you pay for your trainer? Hour long session? Half Hour?

Replies

• Quattrone21
    Options
    Usually in the area of $50 an hour
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I pay $55 for an hour, but rates are all over the board.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My trainer is 6 half-hour sessions for $100. I'm sure location makes a difference. I'm in northern Colorado, Front Range area, near Fort Collins.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I pay £10 for 30 mins but that is through my gym and buy blocks of 5 at a time.
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mine is $25 for a half hour, she also teaches a 3 cardio cut class that is free if your a member at her gym! I'm down in Southern New Mexico
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I pay monthly and committed to 1 year. I train 3x a week for 45 minutes each session and I pay $355 for the month. The prices for 3x a week 45 minute sessions for a 6 month commitment was $400 a month. Im in Conway/Myrtle Beach SC area.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so $40 for an hour doesn't sound so bad. Had a free intro session and while he kicked my rear, I really liked him and his technique.
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    $50 for an hour session
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    $75 for an hour. In BC Canada
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    $80 / 50 min
    NYC
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I pay 75 an hour in Northern Cali, but he also comes to my house.
  • GeeGirl82
    GeeGirl82 Posts: 32
    Options
    I go to a private gym (Fitness Together) that only offers personal training. I pay $302 a month which includes 12 sessions (~$25 a session), lasting 45 mins. That is called the PACK rate, which means it is not 1 on 1 but in a group of 2-4 people. I live in the DC metro area (suburbs).
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow some of these rates are great...I WISH! I am a member at Lifetime Fitness and the trainer that I saw was $99 an hour and she insisted that she see her clients at least 2 -3 times a week....I no longer have a trainer :(
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Between $70-$85.
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    $45 for 30 min
  • khyman
    khyman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    $35 for half hour, bought in blocks of 10 sessions. Raleigh North Carolina area
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area.

I've gone to several places and they all vary. Plus the bigger the package the lower the cost.

Some examples of what I've paid:
    $55/session - 45 min
    $70/session - 60 min
    $40/session - 60 min (although this was a super special)
    $35/session - 30 min - this is what I currently do

It is totally worth it! Good luck!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I go to LA Fitness. The package I bought is $140/month. This is in addition to my gym membership which is $39/month. It included 6 weeks with a trainer at 2x week, then drops (this week :cry:) to once a week. It was a one-year contract.

I actually hate the way LA Fitness does personal training. You cannot buy ad hoc sessions with the trainer, you must do a one-year contract. Although I love my trainer, I will probably switch gyms when my contract is up in January 2014 because of this. I am lucky that I have 2 gyms within walking distance of my house, so I will probably switch to the other one since they have a flat $25/half hour session rate with no PT contracts.

ETA: I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area (actually Northern Kentucky, but only 5 minutes from downtown Cincy.)
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The gym I use it depends on the level of the trainer and how long and how many sessions. The trainer I used I got six 30 minute sessions for $184 I believe. But she is awesome and we always ended up doing close to 40-45 minutes each time. The higher level trainers were almost twice as much.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I go to Lifetime Fitness, the cost depends on the Certification Level of the Trainer, my trainer is $85 per hour session. I have been working with him for a year so now he will cut me deals with package training to help me out.

Especially now with facing an upcoming furlough. Oh Congress I hate thee.

I am in the Metro-Detroit area.