Another newbie-Looking for friends..runners..runner friends?

Options
Hi All,

My name is Nicole and I've typically been very active throughout my life. I was a varsity athlete in college, but since graduating 4 years ago I've found it difficult to continue a healthy lifestyle. My biggest challenge is finding and maintaining consistency with clean eating and exercise. I work crazy hours which make a routine difficult and as a result we often eat really late at night (a serious no-no, I know).

My big goal is to complete my first marathon on September 8th (and lose some pounds in the process)! I ran my first half last month and loved it (I was shocked how much I enjoyed the entire 13.1 miles). I've played a lot of sports but I've never really been a runner, so this is uncharted territory.

I'm looking for friends who may have similar challenges or interests that I can learn from, relate to, help motivate, and also be encouraged by. We're all on the same page after all, right?!

Thanks for reading :)
Nicole

Replies

• mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I want to be a runner and have started the counch 2 5k program, although by no means have been consistent with it for several reasons; however, I want to run and have signed up for my first 5k (Novemeber), with my eye on a half marathon in January. Add me!
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    I ran my first half this April and I too was shocked at how much I enjoyed running the entire 13.1 miles. I had an awesome training program and lost about 15lbs during the 10 weeks I added that training into my regular workouts. This is a great place for support and accountability. I want to do another race either in September or December. You are on the right track for sure!
  • yacapraro5
    yacapraro5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to you. I actually was very lazy in high school and up until my 3rd year of college. My roommate was an avid runner and somehow got me to run my first half that same year (2010) which resulted in me running my first full marathon the following spring. Since that, I have graduated, moved, started a relationship (2 years now!) and have not been nearly as active as I used to be, thus adding roughly 15 pounds on my body.

Recently I have re-committed myself to being more active, and I'm really hoping to be back into marathoning (1/2 in September) full swing. There's just nothing like race day! So I've done things that worked well, some that didn't. Tried different gels, packs, bottles, shorts, shoes, watches, training plans, meal plans, crossfit routines.

So feel free to add me and let me know what sort of questions you have.