Large waists/hips suck

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I swear most of my fat is in my midsection, and I have a larger waist and hips... it sucks! I was a size 18 when I started at 213 lbs (a large 18. Not gonna lie, some of them were so tight I stopped wearing them). I now fit in a size 14 pretty well, and could probably fit in a size 12, but it would be tight... I know I shouldn't compare, but I'm 173 lbs and 5'5" and most women that size are easily in size 12. I still fit in most of my 18s even though the legs are like 40% too wide and they're starting to fall off.

Bah...

Replies

• CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    don't get down on yourself! It's a body type thing and you can't help it, so don't fret. Honestly I have that issue too, any weight I put on goes to my hips. You know those hip dips girls talk about? Oh yeah, I got those and I'm only 107lbs. So you're not alone, cheer up:)
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hate my hips too. And its not my hips that are large its just fat there. So frustrating! I figure im gna have to keep going on losing and toning until they get rid!
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have nearly your same proportions!! I started at 5'7" and 213 lbs. I was a very tight 18. I am now 176 lbs and I can wear 14s comfortably but a 12 would be too tight for comfort. I also have the same trouble with getting something that fits in the waist but then it swirls around my thighs and butt. It is tough because most women's clothes are made to fit smaller in the waist with an allowance for hips and butt, which I don't have. I'm not sure why some of us are built this way but try hard not to focus on the number (both scale and clothing size) and instead focus on how far you've come and how FABULOUS you look in your smaller clothes! I have found that the Sexy Boyfriend line at Gap works well for my proportions and some Old Navy stuff works well too. Hope this helps!!:flowerforyou: