Just starting! 150lbs by Sept!

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm a 22 year old female, living in MN! I currently weigh 185-190lbs. I was a very skinny girl growing up, and now I've gained my "woman weight." I'm also tall - 5"11, with a bigger chest. I am looking into getting breast reduction surgery, but am trying to lose weight before I resort to that. I want to be 150lbs by my birthday in September! I want to also lose 10lbs by July. I am cutting out sodas (easy), not eating after 8pm (kinda easy) and stomping out my sweet tooth (difficult!). I want to eat more fruits and veggies, and not eat out so much while I'm at work. I've started walking/running too, so I'm excited that this time around will be successful!

Replies

• hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eating at work is beneficial, as long as you bring yourself pre-made healthy snacks to keep you full! Helps keep your metabolism up, and from going crazy :)

Good luck with your weight loss goals! We're all here to help :)
  • yacapraro5
    yacapraro5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiii!!!

Welcome. I'm relatively new on here. Everyone is so kind and encouraging here. I too have a terrible sweet tooth, but I have successfully gone 4 days without any candy, sweets, cakes etc. Actually I had the tiniest bite of chocolate the other day and spit it out because it just didn't taste good. Never thought I would do that!!

Good luck!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    definitely get the work comment
    never used to take lunch with me so would either eat unhealthy snacks or grab quick unhealthy foods most of the time
    taking a prepared lunch in is a must really, well for me anyway

good luck with your goals, sounds like the steps you have taken already is a great start :)
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey there! We have sorta similar goals :) I started at 190 and since March I have lost 25 lb. My goal is to get to 140. I'll add ya so we can motivate each other!
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great support and motivation! Hope you like it and will join!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Your not only getting me for motivation and support but the other 120+ people also int eh group! :)
  • mjlopez926
    Options
    Wow! We have almost the same goal. I too want to be at 150 lbs by my birthday in September. I'm 5'10" and started at 181. Since mid-March I have lost 11 lbs. My sweet tooth and mindless grazing have been a challenge but I'm learning how to keep them in check. One day at a time, right!?! Good luck!
  • nmp320
    nmp320 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new to the forum thing. You can def do it if you set you mind to it. I lost 30lbs in just under 2 months but have a lot more to go. if you need support I'm on everyday :)
  • ddhdml
    ddhdml Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out all sweets. Try skinny cow chocolates. As long as you only eat 1 it can be worked into your daily calorie goals. I've lost 16 lbs and i let myself have sweets. Everything in moderation!