dvd workout advice

Options
Tomorrow I'm starting the last phase of p90x so far I have lost 5lbs and I am happy so far with my results but my body still needs lots of work. I have shrunk a lit bit but have no muscle definition at all I guess I need to lose more body fat.

Anyway my question is flr those that have conpleted multiple dvd workouts what program do you reccomend after p90x?
Should I do a second round or should I move to a different routine?

Replies

• proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Which routine did you do? Classic? Lean? If you did "Lean" I suggest doing a round of "Classic".

If you're looking for more muscle definition, you definitely need to keep going with strength training. Whether it's another round of P90X or a different strength routine (I've heard good things about Les Mills Pump - haven't done it myself though). I liked ChaLean extreme too - she has strength training (less intense than P90X) with cardio (more than P90X).

Good luck! Hope you get good suggestions here.
  • proudmommy1003
    Options
    Which routine did you do? Classic? Lean? If you did "Lean" I suggest doing a round of "Classic".

Thanks
    I'm doing the classic version. I would like to do a second round just don't want to get bored with the same routine.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've heard really good things about the P90X / Insanity hybrid from friends who have done it, but I haven't done it myself.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you are wanting to lose body fat I would suggest doing the P90x/Insanity hybrid. Or just do Insanity by itself. It is a fat shredder for sure. I finished it back in April and was happy with my results but my knees were constantly sore from overuse or it could have been the fact I'm still in the large side. Summer time I do the majority of my exercising outside so I started C25K, Cycling and doing Strong Lifts 5x5 on my lunch break because I'm stuck indoors that time of day. This winter I plan on doing the hybrid.

I have also heard good things about TapouT XT.

Good Luck to you and congrats on your progress thus far!
  • proudmommy1003
    Options
    If you are wanting to lose body fat I would suggest doing the P90x/Insanity hybrid. Or just do Insanity by itself. It is a fat shredder for sure. I finished it back in April and was happy with my results but my knees were constantly sore from overuse or it could have been the fact I'm still in the large side. Summer time I do the majority of my exercising outside so I started C25K, Cycling and doing Strong Lifts 5x5 on my lunch break because I'm stuck indoors that time of day. This winter I plan on doing the hybrid.

I have also heard good things about TapouT XT.

Good Luck to you and congrats on your progress thus far!

Thanks I've always wanted to try insanity but I've heard bad things about knees problems. I might just borrow the dvds from a friendto give it a try and if I like it and can keep up with it will order my own dvd program. Never heard of tapouT XT will do a bit of research about it. Thanks
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The P90X/Insanity hybrid is pretty awesome! How do your knees handle Plyometrics? If you can do that, you can add the Insanity DVDs to your P90X routine. You probably wouldn't want to ONLY do Insanity though.

As long as your researching, another routine to look into is RushFit!
  • proudmommy1003
    Options
    The P90X/Insanity hybrid is pretty awesome! How do your knees handle Plyometrics? If you can do that, you can add the Insanity DVDs to your P90X routine. You probably wouldn't want to ONLY do Insanity though.

As long as your researching, another routine to look into is RushFit!

Just checked the P90x/Insanity hybrid workout schedule and it looks great. Lots of cardio and strength training

Thanks now need to take a look to RushFit