Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
I just ordered my self the 30 Day shred and I should be getting it in the mail today. The people who have worked out to her video what do you think? Do you get good results from her workout? I know it won't happen over night but is it worth it? Thanks!

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have it! I saw alot of toning but I didnt really lose anything! But it slimmed down my stomach and arms alot which I loved.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Yeah that's what I am looking for is more toning and to slim my stomach and arms as well. Seems like that is more my stubborn area to loose.
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    I am only on my 5th day and I'm loving it. Definitely works all the muscles I forgot I have. I wanted to tone but still lose so I still go to curves 3-4 days in the afternoon while I use the DVD in the morning
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works. Completed 30DS then got RI30 and RI30 is much better and a bit more challenging. I like them so much so I have started 30DS over last week and just upped my weights.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Do a search for 30DS results on the message boards and you're sure to see some pics of people who have done it.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I began the 30DS when I first started out losing when I weighed 234 lbs. I was also starting to run at the time. I did find 30DS to be quite hard on my knees. Now that I'm down a bit of weight, I'm thinking of trying it out again.
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I finised day three of level three yesterday.
    I've lost 4 lbs, but several inches!!
    Has really helped tighten up my legs, butt, stomach and arm.

I really like it!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I used it for variety in my workouts. Between running, the 30 day shred, and Insanity, I had a pretty good selection. I do enjoy the HIIT workouts.
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred even though i didn't lose a whole lot of weight... i am looking a lot more toned & much better in my clothing...

Just keep at it but if you do experience aches and pains slow down but don't stop or give up!

Good luck!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Someone told me to try the 30DS when I first started exercising. I hated it but did it every day for 30 days. I was 265lbs and hadn't exercised for over 10 years. I saw results after the first 10 days. I credit that DVD with kicking my butt and getting me on track. I've lost 110lbs since then and now run, cycle, lift and eat well.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your imput. I am finishing up Jillian Michaels Yoga meltdown I am doing both levels right now and thats my goal for June. So first of July I will start my new dvd workout. I didn't get a chance to really read the info before I got it which was stupid of me but I am not sure if I have to buy weights like dumbbells or anything else like that. I do see alot of people on here that post how 30 Day Shred is awesome and amazing.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    FYI - you tube Jillian Michaels, all of her stuff is on there and it's free!
  • Cmerchant1234
    Options
    All you will need is a pair of 2-3lbs weights and a mat....I have been doing the 30DS for about two weeks and my husband loves it. He says I am more toned and I have lost weight.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's a good starting place - not too challenging but gets you used to working out hard for short intervals. The key is to stick with it. Good luck!
  • andrbeck
    andrbeck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am staring level 3 today! I have noticed a huge difference. It is def hard but I love it. I did take a total of 5 days off during level 1 and 2 combined. I'm hoping I can stay strong and finish level 3 in the recommended 10 days. I plan on doing RI30 next.. I've bought a few of her DVDs because of the shred.