How long till you noticed a difference?

Options
For all of you cardio junkies, how long until you noticed even the slightest body change after starting cardio? And how much did you start with a day?

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about endurance it's very easy to track: you can last longer. Because I track my heart rate the change is noticeable. One day the activity got my HR to 170, when the same workout only got me to 160 in the next session I know my endurance has improved.

As far as physical appearance, I began to notice the change in about a month. They say in 4 weeks you will notice, in 8 your family will, and in 12 everybody will.

I always do at least 30 minutes, although in the beginning I started with the lowest setting on every machine.
  • michellemiller53
    michellemiller53 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's encouraging. I'm noticing in my clothes but no one else really is. When we got together Sunday, kinda hurt my feelings that nobody noticed :(
  • yoshigreen94
    Options
    Thanks all :) This was really helpful! Michelle, don't mind them. I'm sure you are doing amazing! Just be happy that you know you are seeing changes, and how far you've come!
    How many days off a week do you guys do for cardio? I've gotten into a 2 days on 1 day off habit, but I feel like that might just be laziness
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am just really beginning to notice. I workout (usually) 40 mins a day, 6 days a week and I burn about 300-400 calories. I have been on here for about 3 1/2 months now.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 20 pounds and my colleagues didn't notice... my family and friends did though. and i sometimes don't believe it's me in the mirror
  • jacz83
    jacz83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is amazing dedication! Keep it up!
  • jacz83
    jacz83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's encouraging. I'm noticing in my clothes but no one else really is. When we got together Sunday, kinda hurt my feelings that nobody noticed :(

the most important person you can do this for is YOU. people mean well, but are often dumb. I know that I myself take awhile to notice things... and when I finally do, my mind is blown. You are the star of your own life. You knowing how much you have accomplished is like getting to be in on the best secret, ever. :)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I kicked my cardio into high gear last May. I was 138lbs. I started running 4 days a week, 3 shorter runs sometime Mon-Fri of 3-7 miles, so 30 mins to an hour ten per session and 7-13 miles on Sunday so an hour to 2 1/2 so a total of 20-25 miles per week. I saw my mom in May when I was 138 and then again July 4th and she was amazed. I didn't have a coworker say anything until October though, and by then I was 128. The rest of my coworkers didn't notice until this month now that I'm 124, but now I'm strength training too.

Oh and running is my only cardio so 4 sometimes 5 days a week for 2 1/2 to 5 hours per week.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    For all of you cardio junkies, how long until you noticed even the slightest body change after starting cardio? And how much did you start with a day?

what's a cardio? Does swimming count?

After about a week my body started getting denser, harpoons have a harder time getting purchase now. I can also swim a bit further now, endurance is increasing.
  • frema1973
    frema1973 Posts: 1
    Options
    I joined the gym about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I mainly stuck to Zumba, Fitness Dance, Kickboxing minimum 3 days a week and watched my calorie/salt intake...I only lost 2 lbs via myfitnesspal but I do notice the difference in my clothes and all of my neighbors are noticing...I am now trying 5 to 6 days a week with twice a week strength training with weights...It seems to be giving me some definitions now.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I felt the difference in about 2 weeks. I saw a difference in the way my clothes fit and the mirror in about 3 weeks. The scale started to move in about 4 weeks.

ETA: I started doing Zumba and did it 30-60 min a day, 6 days a week. (DVDs)