Do you eat back your exercise calories?

Options
I eat back every one of them. I have no shame in saying that I love food! :)

If you don't, why not?

Replies

• Johnell82
    Johnell82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do, some of them.. Just depends on the day.. If I'm really hungry I do!
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    No. I worked hard to burn those calories. Why would I eat them back?
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not too many, because I'll gain weight or maintain.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yep, all of them.
  • juliannorton1000
    juliannorton1000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I generally try to stay below 2000 after I add in my workout. Workout generally puts me around 2500 for a calorie budget.

Though, hell, if I have an upcoming event later that day that I know is going to have me eating/drinking a bit, I'll work out real hard earlier that day so I can enjoy the night later.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes but throughout the week not just on workout days - still at a daily/weekly deficit!
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    No. But that's only because I eat 21k calories a day and I work with my TDEE -20% for a cut. :3

If you use the MFP method they give you, you should definitely be eating them back or you will be putting yourself at too far of a deficit.

Well done, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Yes I worked hard to earn those calories. Why would you not eat them back?
  • JenStorm80
    Options
    No. I burn around 300-500 cals a day. Need to shift the weight!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I typically do not eat back my calories because as tony said.. i worked hard to get rid of them I don't want them back. I do use them as back up. If i go over then at least I have some to back me up.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes I worked hard to earn those calories. Why would you not eat them back?

^^^That's why he's on my FL!!! Eat them back!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe the calorie counts on MFP (think they're too high) so I don't eat back all unless I'm pretty hungry. I will generally eat back some, so long as I did something significant that day.
  • dreamingof_thin
    Options
    No, not really, because if I do, I'll end up gaining and maintaining so why would I when I worked hard??
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'll eat most of them - don't want to double dip so I generally leave a few uneaten.
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat my Exercise Calories back, but I put in about 75% of Calories burned originally.
  • jjio
    jjio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing! If you don't eat them back do you loose more weight??
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    No but my calorie intake already factors in my activity level and exercise calories aren't extra, even though MFP adds them back. What I do, so that I don't see them is...when I put in exercise I put 1 calorie burned. Then at the end of the day, when I am absolutely done putting food into my mouth, I put in the actual amount of calories burned. Out of sight, out of mind. But I'm paying more attention to my hunger/thirst/boredom signals.
  • kellyg55
    kellyg55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I always eat back my calories from my workout. They are healthy calories but you need to fuel your body. Kelly_Beachbody Coach