Over 40 Mom starting insanity tomorrow....

Options
Anyone else on week 1?

Finally got insanity in the mail today...
No more excuses...it's not baby weight anymore since my youngest is 11....:smile:

I don't eat vegetables...so I guess that makes me the opposite of a vegetarian...

Going to be a fun 60 days....

Looking for friends to share the journey...

Replies

• marytangyew
    marytangyew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried it and survived 3 minutes...it's intense but it will sure shake the weight off, so I plan starting it back again but consistently next time!!
  • moggles
    moggles Posts: 5
    Options
    Start with me tomorrow!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test today. I'm fairly sore today (though it's not as bad as when I started lifting again last year), but I feel good. I'm looking forward to the next workout tomorrow. It's hard (I could only keep up with the trainers for about half of the exercises), but I got through it without quitting, so I'm happy. Good luck (and make sure you're careful. Good form is extremely important to avoid injuries).
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started week 5, its been quite a ride but well worth it...good luck!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Insanity is pretty brutal, but I can't argue with the results.
    Aside from the weight loss and inches lost, I have noticed an increase in my endurance, and I just feel so much lighter on my feet.
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    I have never done Insanity, but from all I've heard, it can be awfully intense and make you extremely sore if you're not careful.

So my advice is: If you're going to do it, always remember that YOU are the person in control of how hard you push -- NOT the screaming coach on TV.

Keep your remote handy, and don't hesitate to push "Pause" and take a break if you need to!

If you start getting too sore, take extra days off from the program and when you get back to it, do lower impact modifications.

And once you get into the program, if you find Insanity is too insane for you, there's no reason to force yourself to finish it. You can always sell it on E-bay and use the money to buy a different DVD program or pay for some exercise classes at the local gym.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have never done Insanity, but from all I've heard, it can be awfully intense and make you extremely sore if you're not careful.

So my advice is: If you're going to do it, always remember that YOU are the person in control of how hard you push -- NOT the screaming coach on TV.

Keep your remote handy, and don't hesitate to push "Pause" and take a break if you need to!

If you start getting too sore, take extra days off from the program and when you get back to it, do lower impact modifications.

And once you get into the program, if you find Insanity is too insane for you, there's no reason to force yourself to finish it. You can always sell it on E-bay and use the money to buy a different DVD program or pay for some exercise classes at the local gym.

Excellent point. As a veteran of two tours of Insanity, I know that Shaun T encourages people to push it but take breaks as needed.
    Trust me, when I started Insanity, I was a pack-a-day smoker............so needless to say, Insanity just about killed me.
    I hacked up a lung at the end of an Insanity workout everyday for the first week, no matter how hard I tried to push it.

I eventually decided that my health was more valuable than a $7 box of cancer, and quit cold turkey. I guess one could argue that my desire to push it on Insanity led to my quitting smoking..............I guess choosing Insanity was coincidental, but I'll credit Insanity, plus a heap of my own discipline.

By time I finished the first 4 weeks, my endurance had already dramatically improved, and I am no longer hacking up my lungs, nor does it take more than a few seconds to catch my breath.
  • susanbrown96
    Options
    My husband is doing Insanity right now. We just finished Les Mills Combat. I got my t shirt. Beachbody has saved my life! If you need a coach let me know. Here is my page http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/susanbrown96
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Im on the 2nd month, week 2 - I LOVE IT!
    I was so scared to do it at first, i dont know what i was waiting for.
    Im seeing amazing results!
    If any of you guys need some extra support, let me know, I have a challenge group online where we focus on clean eating and accountability - and of course your workouts! Its been HUGE for me.

Meg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

It's very obvious from your post that you have never done insanity.......!
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and starting PX90 on Saturday....need to get this last 40 pounds off....good luck!!
  • megginanderson
    Options
    how was it??
  • megginanderson
    Options
    Combat was my all time favorite!

I think Insanity is close second now - Can't wait to try T25 when it comes out!
  • megginanderson
    Options
    awesome! I feel so much stronger too - love my new core strength - which i NEVER thought i could get back after my 3rd son was born.