30DS vs. Insanity

Options
Kabuhtu
Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
Hi, This is my first post and I am sure it has been said before but I couldn't find it. I am currently on day four of 30DS and was planning to finish 30DS and maybe move on to Insanity if I felt like it. What I am wondering is: Could I start insanity now? I was starting with 30DS to get me used to working out but read that Insanity is designed for people to start at any level of fitness. I am afraid that if I do not see results(besides the workouts getting easier) then I may be discouraged to try start Insanity after 30DS. Should I just go for it and start Insanity now or should I finish 30DS to get ready for insanity?

Side note/question: Is Shaun T just as motivating as Jillian? Its just a recording but I feel like she knows what I am going through. Good thing its a video too because I am sure she would beat me up if she heard the things I said to her. LOL.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    That's your choice. You can start Insanity and go at your own pace, get the movements right so you don't injure yourself. However, it's almost twice the length of 30DS and way more intense. I doubt you are going into it thinking it's the same, but I would always go for the more difficult workout and work my way up. Won't know until you try.
  • Kabuhtu
    Options
    Can I find Insanity on youtube?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Insanity isn't even close to 30DS.

30DS is a beginner program with some hand weights.

Insanity is not a beginner program and is pure intense cardio with some bodyweight resistance exercises.
  • Kabuhtu
    Options
    I know they aren't anything alike. My question basically was: If 30DS was hard to start but I am now leveling out, should I even attempt Insanity? Should I stop 30DS and move onto Insanity? I am just afraid to fail. Need some motivation/advice.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If 30DS is still challenging then Insanity will be a struggle. Try the following:

1. Jog (30 Sec)
    2. Heismans (google) (30 Sec)
    3. Power Squats (30 Sec)
    4. Butt Kicks (30 Sec)
    5. High Knees (30 Sec)
    6. Mummy Kicks (google) (30 sec)

Do this circuit three times without stopping and see how you feel. This is a sample of just the warm-up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know they aren't anything alike. My question basically was: If 30DS was hard to start but I am now leveling out, should I even attempt Insanity? Should I stop 30DS and move onto Insanity? I am just afraid to fail. Need some motivation/advice.

Why not do level 2 and 3 of 30DS for a few days then move on to insanity?

Or just go for it! There's a quote that's something along the lines of 'imagine what you could do if you weren't afraid of failing'
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I completed 30 DS twice and am currently in the middle of Insanity. I would suggest you complete one thing first before you move on to the next challenge. Especially if you are still on level 1 of the 30DS. Level 2 is much more challenging. And do not worry - you will see results.
    Micheleb15 gave you good advice: Insanity's warm up means 9 minutes of jumping/running/kicking non stop - and you are supposed to get faster on each circuit. After that the real workout begins. - if you can do the warm-up, you probably will be able to do the rest as well. You can find videos of different people doing Insanity on youtube, try following them to get an idea of what it's like.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Try level 2 and 3 of 30DS then decide.

I completed two rounds of 30DS 1 week on level 1, 2 on 2 and 1 on 3.

I then tried Insanity and lasted a week, it was difficult on my joints.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Insanity is intense. I suggest you actually finishing the 30DDS before moving on to Insanity. If you feel like you are ready after 30DDS then move on to Insanity. Insanity is not for beginners.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If 30DS is still challenging then Insanity will be a struggle. Try the following:

1. Jog (30 Sec)
    2. Heismans (google) (30 Sec)
    3. Power Squats (30 Sec)
    4. Butt Kicks (30 Sec)
    5. High Knees (30 Sec)
    6. Mummy Kicks (google) (30 sec)

Do this circuit three times without stopping and see how you feel. This is a sample of just the warm-up.
    Don't forget to (try to) up the intensity each time through.