HELP! HCG Diet opinions?

Options
13»

Replies

• Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    and even if there was hCG in the drops (there's not), it would never absorb under the tongue. The molecules are too big. Same reason diatabetics have to use injections.

The whole hCG diet thing is just such a fraud and, unfortunately as I learned the hard way, a dangerous one!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have 11 friends who have done the diet--none have kept the weight off. In fact, 9 of them gained it all back plus some. They were all grouchy as hell while they were doing it too.

But I think about it this way: how much time and effort do we spent trying to avoid hormones in our food? And then we go TAKE THEM ON PURPOSE??? It doesn't make any sense to me.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Your continued success the healthy way will one day make her realize that her short term extreme diet is not long term effective. Not that I hope she gains it back, but it's likely she will *probably* gain some after the diet stops.
  • maraq
    maraq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can you help teach her some healthy habits during her continued weight loss? Rather than tell her what she's doing wrong, show her what she can do right. Invite her for walk or a hike, cook a healthy meal together, take a yoga class etc. People are more open to changing their ways when you don't tell them what they are doing is the wrong way (especially when it's working for her). Giving her more tools to be healthy can help her maintain what she has already lost once she stops the HCG.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hcg, the miracle diet!! Anyone can lose weight on Hcg, and muscle, and hair and so on. I bought into it! Did 3 separate 40 day rounds. Round 1, lost 35 lbs. put 18 back on following their high protein/ high fat / high calorie/no exercise needed program.
    Round 2, lost the regained 18 lbs plus lbs plus another 14. Gained back 20 lbs. Round 3 opted for the 21 day program and relost my 20 lbs AGAIN! That was a year and a half ago. As a result of this DIET my metabolism is screwed up, my hair is thin,my muscle tone is gone. When finished this diet I could barely open a bottle of juice or water for my kids. That was my real A-HA moment. When i gained weight back Even though I still weigh less than I did I was the same size as my heaviest because there is more fat now and NO muscle. I find i'm way more blubbery than before Hcg and it is taking alot of effort to get that muscle back. I also find I'm VERY sensitive to carbs, and I'm not only talking refined flour and sugar but also whole grains and fruit. The Hcg groups are VERY supportive as long as you conform to their way of thinking. Those that support Hcg are constantly redoing rounds to lose the weight they've gained back. I still linger on the groups just to see who is still under that spell. Evem the group moderators are constantly using Hcg over and over just to " redefine" or "Tone up" their body claiming it "re-Shaped" them. The only reshaping I experienced was a very lose and blubbery lower belly, but and thighs!

HELLO SQUATS, SIT UPS , CARDIO ETC. MY NEW DIET BUDDIES!!
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @maraq ! I agree with this! But I live in minneapolis and she lives in Michigan, I am so worried :(
  • karliRose87
    karliRose87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did this diet last year. I lost almost 25 pounds from it and managed to keep it off for about 5 months. It was great. However, I have since then put all the weight back on and am having a really hard time losing it. It also redistributed on my body in an uneven manner. Furthermore, my hair stopped growing and I developed a very large cyst on my ovary which my gynecologist said was quite possibly a result from this diet. If this is true, I don't know but I have never had any cysts in my body and it came only a few months after I completed this diet. HCG is only a quick fix. Stick to losing weight the HEALTHY way and your body will be happy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    There are lots of females out there who won't smoke, do drugs, engage in risk behavior (like skydiving), put themselves in situations of danger (walk alone at night), and help others ensure they stay same. But when it comes to losing 5lbs to 10lbs, it's like all the stop lights go off and everything is a green light even if it can compromise health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Could I quote that on my hCG story page? It is so very true. I know I'm smart enough that I was really skeptical but the friend posting success stories relentlessly finally wore me down. Do you know, I found out, the friend who got me to do this really hasn't lost weight on this program. She'll do it and lose a bit and then stop just to get people losing with her. This diet is purely about making money. Even she knows it's not sustainable. I had to ask her so many times how much she lost before she sort-of fessed up. Honestly, if you're doing any version of this with distributors be careful. I really think many of them are scam artists.

Standard tandem skydiving is not dangerous, fyi.
    Risk behavior means just that. If the chutes don't open, then life would probably be over. Skiiing amongst general population is low risk however skiing in places where avalanches can occur increase risk exponentially.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • seaandsun85
    Options
    How is your sister doing?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia,purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.