tired of being overweight

cypressmom
cypressmom Posts: 9
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
HI Everyone! from what I am reading I am like a bunch of you all here..tired of being overweight. I started last week at 185 and today i am 180. Yippee 5 pounds gone in a week,(surely initial water weight and body freaking out). I have 40 to go. Pretty daunting, but I have to do this or wrap my mind around the fact that I need to throw away my thin wardrobe and get over it! I have 2 great kids and a supportive husband, but I want my kids to grow up with a healthy and fit mom. My husband has seen that side before but I know he would really like to see it again..soon. Our 10 year anniversary is in April and I can't think of a better gift for both of us, a healthy and fit wife! Now that I have put this out there in cyberspace, hopefully it will keep me motivated and accountable. Off to the treadmill for an hour!

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • Best wishes to you on meeting your weight loss goal! I am trying to become healthy again. I have two wonderful children and a supportive husband, but I need to make some lifestyle changes too. Keep up the great work!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.