Frustrated and just about to give up.

Options
I'm so frustrated with myself. I have changed my eating habits about a month and a half ago. I was doing great losing bout four pounds a week. Ive lose a total of about 24 pounds. I know thats great! And I know Im losing weight more than alot of other people but Im just so frustrated. I'm only 20 and am 235 pounds!!!!! Although I have 6 foot I look at myself and see that I need to be about 160 -175 pounds. Thats just crazy. I will never be able to get that low. Thats another 60 pounds! Where is all this weight gonna come off of me at. I'm a size 10 and honestly I think a healthy size is between 6-10. Its crazy to think 60 pounds!? Is that too much to ask for. But at 60 pounds over weight I know I really have no choice. I cant stay motivated tho...Because I can't even imagine myself 60 pounds lighter...ANyone else have this problem. Please I need your help!!!

Replies

• bkoski99
    bkoski99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just be patient and realistic. 24 lbs in a month and half is great, but not really sustainable or even healthy. Give yourself a year to get to your goal, find healthy foods you enjoy, and develop a workout routine that you can have fun with. The weight will come off slowly over time, and year goes by pretty quickly. Just don't be obsessed with the scale. You're young, you have time.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about the scale, and look at other ways to measure success. 4 pounds per week is too much and is unhealthy, aim for 2/week at the most, if weight is that important. I would recommend having your body fat tested and then aim to get it to a certain % regardless of what weight you would be at that time. Also get a measuring tape and measure your inches lost instead of weight.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    It can and will happened :) I am 5'5 and weighed 230lbs. I was pretty well perportioned, I knew I had to lose weight but I couldn't imagine where it would all come from. I am down almost 70lbs now. I weigh 164 as of today and still have another 16lbs to go. It has taken over a year to get to this point, but I am proud of where I am and the work I have done to get here. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends seems to be in your exact situation. She is 20 years old, over 6 feet tall and has been trying to lose 50+ pounds for the past 2 years. This summer she finally changed her eating and exercise habits and she has lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months. Yesterday she told me that she is getting so frustrated because she can only lose about 2 pounds a week, but I told her that 2 pounds a week is perfect.

It will take time, but if you want to lose the weight for good, you need to take it slow and steady. I know it's frustrating to realize that this process will take at least a year, but just take it month by month and realize how good you look and feel! good luck and don't give up! it's not worth it!
  • sjmandrew
    Options
    I'm not suprised you are finding it difficult when your end goal feels a long way away. My advise would be to break it up and have 5lb goals. Don't think about the 60 - just take each 5lb as it's own goal (or whatever number works for you).

It will be hard to visualise yourself at your end goal but you know what, we all have a skeleton inside and when you are slim you will look like a slim young woman just like any other and you will be able to wear clothes you love rather than clothes that fit you. You can do it - just take it one step at a time.

I know you're loosing weight quickly and I don't think it's sustainable for long, but as long as you get into a healthy rhythm and don't beat yourself up when the loss slows down (as it inevitably will) you will be just fine.

Chin up girl!