can someone asnwer my question i am confused

Options
Ok well I have been dieting for ages but I don't seem to go below 150lbs but my weight goes from 152-150lbs
I have had a eating disorder ( see other post) for around 11 years which I have only just started telling people on here about no one in my family new until now..

I have decided to not diet and just exercise I feel great not having to watch what I eat

I have been doing this for 1 week I have gone up to 153.6lbs but I can now get in a size 10 jeans which I couldn't before is this normal not to lose weight but lose inches?

you can see my diary if you have any suggestions for me I would be very grateful

I do
ten mins of boxing in the morning
ten mins of boxing at lunch
10 mins of boxing at night
100 crunch's at night

what else can I do to keep fit I am starting doing 10 mins at a time as I get boarded easy
I don't log my exercise as I try to not eat back the cals

Replies

• shepherdessofthehills
    Options
    there have been many ladies that lift weights or do more toning who end of weighting slightly more while looking and being actually slimmer! Fat takes up more space, so while you have increased your activity level and are eating well ( not overeating) your weight gain is most likely muscle, congrats!
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What it sounds like happened was that you gained muscle and lost fat which is great. As for what else you can do, well there are several things you can do the key is just to find something that you love to do, so that the time goes by super quickly. I personally love running, but I know a lot of people who say zumba is something they love especially when they are just starting to get into working out. I hope I helped you some.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Better choices in food from looking at your diary. Chinese take out is super high in sodium.

It's great you are fitting in a smaller size, means something is working though.

I would try doing all your workout in one not broken up throughout the day if you can. Keeps your heart rate up longer.
  • clairelindy
    clairelindy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Better choices in food from looking at your diary. Chinese take out is super high in sodium.

It's great you are fitting in a smaller size, means something is working though.

I would try doing all your workout in one not broken up throughout the day if you can. Keeps your heart rate up longer.

Wednesday is date night with the hubby to be lol
    I get bored really easy but I think I might try adding 5 mins a day to my workout
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, a little at a time is what really works. :happy:
  • clairelindy
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, a little at a time is what really works. :happy:

thanks for adding me as a friend it so nice to have people behind me thanks
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Sorry to contradict everyone, but I really doubt you've gained muscle. Gaining muscle weight requires you to not be in a deficit and more stress on your muscles than you've described. You may be retaining water since exercise is fairly new to you, thus causing the weight gain and masking fat loss that may have occurred. Fitting into your jeans is probably the result of engaging previously neglected muscles, tightening you up a bit...
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing quite ok. Don't look to fit in with what other people are doing. Keep up the good work, everyone gave good advice on here.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    what else can I do to keep fit I am starting doing 10 mins at a time as I get boarded easy

Dance! You can find dance workouts on youtube, not boring at all :)

Another thing you can do is jump rope, it's the best cardio workout. Even if you do 10 mins at a time you'll feel it in your legs and butt
  • clairelindy
    Options

Dance! You can find dance workouts on youtube, not boring at all :)

Another thing you can do is jump rope, it's the best cardio workout. Even if you do 10 mins at a time you'll feel it in your legs and butt

dance I love to dance I didn't think of that thanks hun
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sorry to contradict everyone, but I really doubt you've gained muscle. Gaining muscle weight requires you to not be in a deficit and more stress on your muscles than you've described. You may be retaining water since exercise is fairly new to you, thus causing the weight gain and masking fat loss that may have occurred. Fitting into your jeans is probably the result of engaging previously neglected muscles, tightening you up a bit...

I'm not sure you are completely sure of what you are talking about to be completely honest. You don't have to put a ton of stress on your muscles to start gainging muscle. If OP hasn't worked out in a while that is stress enough on the muscles.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

I'm not sure you are completely sure of what you are talking about to be completely honest. You don't have to put a ton of stress on your muscles to start gainging muscle. If OP hasn't worked out in a while that is stress enough on the muscles.

You can gain strength, but you're not going to gain physical muscle doing what she's doing. 3 10-minute sessions of boxing a day while eating at a deficit won't result in the OP gaining 1.6 lbs of muscle. Women who lift with the goal of hypertrophy have to really work to put on 4 lbs of muscle a year.
  • clairelindy
    Options
    thanks everyone I don't really want to have muscle I just want to be more healthy I am always going to curvy but to be heathly aswell would be great
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Having muscle is healthy. If you do resistance training you wont build enough muscle to look manly unless your on steroids or at a really really low bodyfat percentage. More muscle will help burn more calories and make you leaner. To be lean you need a low bodyfat percentage with a good amount of muscle.