yesterday the scale said 144..this morning..

Options
I weighed yesterday morning with no clothes on and it said 144....which is the smallest I have been in about 6 years. This morning I woke and weighed with my P.J.'s on and it said 146. Surely my clothes don't weigh 2 lbs? Does anyone else fluctuate alot? So annoyed right now!

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    STOP THE MADNESS!!!!
    haahaa
    Weigh youself once a week, same bat time, same bat day.
    I would go crazy if I weighed myself every day!
    Yikes.
  • sofiabrycock
    Options
    Yes - that is why you shouldn't weigh every day!! I flucuate everyday!
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Yes I fluctaute all the time range could be .02 to 4lbs. Don't worry about it just keep moving forward
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes, happens to me all the time. So this is what I do...I weigh everyday...but I only count what happens on Sunday. Yesturday I was at 164...today I was at 167...I will count what the scale says on Sunday and go with it as being right. Happens to all of us! :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Yes I can fluctuate up to 5lbs a day --I only weigh myself once a week-same day (Friday) and time (first thing in the morning). I do sneak a peak during the week to see where I am at but don't count it/track it.

I've read that if you weigh everyday just average the #'s for the week--I don't do this I'd be too frustrated seeing the numbers jumping around!
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everyone's weight fluctuates day to day. Thats why it is best to try to weigh your self only once a week at the same time, day, and same clothing or type of clothing. I know I have a bad habit of weighing myself almost everyday, but I tend to not let it bother me if it is higher than the last time I weighed in because the only weight that I actually consider for a true weigh in is at the doctors office. I visit with a weight management coach every month and use that weight for my weigh in amounts on here -- same with measurements. The WMC will measure my waist and hips, etc. so I can use those for my true measurements.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its normal for your body weight to flucuate up to 4lbs either way in a day
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    STOP THE MADNESS!!!!
    haahaa
    Weigh youself once a week, same bat time, same bat day.
    I would go crazy if I weighed myself every day!
    Yikes.

This! My tape measure is more my friend than the scale is. If I still weigh the same next week as I do this week, but I've lost an inch or more total, I'm an extremely happy camper!
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes and it is so annoying and discouraging but ultimately it goes away if you maintain your diet. I wish I fully understood how the body works but I don't. So hang in there! Comfort in numbers...no pun intended LOL Maybe someone in a medical field can it explain it all for us :)
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes I have learned the hard way not to weigh yourself everyday....I used to just because I was curious, and sometimes there would be a 4 pound difference either way. It is so frustrating and kills your optimism, so don't do it!!! Lol I know it sucks but stick to once (or twice) a week...
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Happens to me every week...I only count what the scales says on Sunday, as well. No worries...find a day and use that day as weigh n day...even if you weigh during the week, ignore what the scale says and just go with what it says on weigh in day...and PS...weigh nekkid! :)
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    This morning I got up the same time as my husband (6am) I weighed myself and was 148. My husband went to work and I went for a wee (sorry tmi)..... my son woke up so I told him it was too early to get up and to try and settle him I went and got back into bed. I ended up falling back asleep and got up 2 hours later. I again got up and weighed myself (I do this automatically every morning) and I was 149.

I know its only a lb but 2 hours of sleep, nothing eaten or drunk and I weigh an extra lb..... I feel your pain!!!

I know I shouldnt weigh myself every day but I cant help it, If my weight changes I tend to wait a couple of days to see that it stays the same before i take it as right if that makes sense, since I have noticed my weight can and does fluctuate either side by a couple of pounds quite often.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm down to weighing once a month.

When I started I did a week where I weighed my self at different points during the day. My weight fluctiates as much as 7 lbs during the day,

...and yes your clothes do weigh that much.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I only wear my wedding rings when I weigh myself! Because your clothes seem light as does a tonne of feathers but they do actually weigh something. Atleast when I weigh (which is not very often) I start with an even playing field! But reality is that your body can flucuate greatly. But don't forget to truly celebrate the lowest the scale has been for you, 146 is excellent. That was real even if fleeting, so rock on sister!!!!:drinker:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I always fluctuate. :):):) It IS annoying, but even with the fluctuations, over time I am still lower... :) Just don't let it discourage you!