Will I always be this sore? Muscle workout..

Options
Cause it kinda sucks... I am so SORE, but I want to concentrate of muscle and lifting workouts instead of crazy cardio, but I can't even walk up and down the stairs today. I almost cried at the mall when I saw that the escalator was broken. It seriously feels like someone took a bat and beat my *kitten* with it. Like, really? This soreness is a good thing? And I thought I was in decent shape... Will it always feel like this or I am a wimp?

Replies

• missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    No. After my first two classes at the Bar Method I literally had to stay in my house and walk on the balls of my feet like a T-rex. I could not straighten my legs. I very nearly gave up.

I have not experienced soreness like that since.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The first month is the worse.

Be sure to stretch and WARM DOWN AFTER YOU DO WEIGHTS. This will help with the sorness. Be sure to be taking in enough protein. This will again help with sorness.

Even if you are really sore, get to the gym, warm up, do your dynamic stretches, use less weight, whatever, just get the training done. You will feel much much better doing the work out even if you use a lot less weight than if you stayed at home or gave up.

This is just your muscles and body getting use to the added load of weights. Just stick with it and you will really change your body for the better. Skinny is not sexy or healthy. A female body with some muscle is sexy. Skinny girls look good with clothes on, girls that use weights look great naked.

Koing
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    The first initial soreness when starting a workout program will always be the worst. After that you will get sore again but not what you're experiencing now. I remember doing a high intensity workout for the first time. Omg After an 8 hour shift at work I went home and cried. It was miserable.
    After a while you learn to love the sore!
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water. It will help your muscles get better faster. Stretch. The soreness is good. Its your body repairing itself
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    You all are giving me hope! I've heard about increasing my protein, which I've been trying to do. I tried to play catch with my boys and thought I was dying. But I'm going to do it again tomorrow. Gulp. I'm scared.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    No. After my first two classes at the Bar Method I literally had to stay in my house and walk on the balls of my feet like a T-rex. I could not straighten my legs. I very nearly gave up.

I have not experienced soreness like that since.

T-rexercise! Brilliant!
  • headhits24
    Options
    Try foam rolling. It loosens up the muscles and tissues the best.