5'5 140 SIZE 8

Options
Should I stop trying to loose weight or what do you think?? Help!? Anyone around my size advice please!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Are you healthy? Are you happy? That's all that matters. I'm just under 5'5". I was not happy at 140. I got down to 117. I was happy there, but wanted to lose a bit more fat. I gained 15 pounds, and am hanging out around 130. I am 27% bf. I want to lower my bf for sure. I till fit in my size 2s, though, although they're getting tight! I'm happy with my size, learning to let go of the number on the scale, and wanting to get some fat off.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 131lbs, and a size 8, some 6's. I could be happy here, but I'll probably at least try and drop another lb but I'd really love to be 125. I think it all depends on where you feel comfortable and are happy with how you look. Also, another consideration for me is whether or not I will be at a weight that I will be able to maintain. That said, I guess I won't know that until I actually stop working to lose and try to maintain:)
  • sarahpetway
    Options
    I'm asking because my body seems to have been staying right here for awhile - I feel healthy but I also know could be healthier! Thanks for the advice ladies!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm happiest between 135 and 140. That seems to be my body's default weight, and when I'm healthy I fluctuate in this window. Go with how you feel!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 150 and am a size 5/7. Would like to get to 135.
  • KPMP1992
    KPMP1992 Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 143 lbs. and a size 8. None of my friends or family think I need to lose weight, but I know the weight I feel good and energetic at: 135-140.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i think that depends on your frame.. i look overweight at 140 but i'm sure not everyone does.. my weight should be around 130. i'm 5'6''

also you should think more in regards to body fat percentage.. because if you have more muscle tone you will weigh more but look thinner
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I am around that right now and want to get to 132. It's whatever you feel good with because everyone's body is different.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    That's completely up to you and how you see and feel about yourself. I am just under 5'3" and I'm currently 145-150ish in a size 9 or 10 jean. Right now for the most part I'm very happy, I've lost 25 lbs and have never been this small. That being said I know I can be healthier and smaller. I have quite the tummy and thighs. I'm going to push for 140 and see from there.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4" and 135.. Do what makes you feel happy. I could also be healthier, but I love my body and lifestyle at this moment, so I don't stress over it too much.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It is funny that you post this because I am in exactly the same situation at 5'5", 140 lbs give or take a half pound and wearing a size 8 with some 6s. I have been trying to get down to 135 for a while now and nothing is moving fast. I look quite slim in my clothes but I know that I still have a fair amount of fat on my tummy and some on my back that I would like to get rid of. I keep wondering if this is where my body is settling in terms of weight. I have decided that I am just going to persevere and keep going. Sooner or later, I am sure I will start dropping again. It took me almost 4 years to get to 140 so it will take me some time to get where I would like to be. How many calories are you netting (eating goal)?
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5" and while I am heavier right now and in the process of losing a few years ago I was at 145. I was happy with 145-153 lbs, but at 145 I always had people asking if I was going to stop losing weight because it looked like I was getting to thin and losing my curves. Not that I care what people think. I was a good solid size 8, but did have a few 6's depending on the cut. I could clearly see my collarbones and hip bones but at that time I didn't have much muscle built up so I didn't look the way I wanted to. It seems like a lot of times that "look" that women want is really related more to muscle mass and lower body fat % vs scale weight. It also depends on your build and frame. I have a medium frame with an hourglass shape so I think I'm pretty lucky and can carry a higher weight without looking like it.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That depends on you and your frame. I'm 5'5 and a pear shaped. If I go much below 140, I look too thin in my face, arms, shoulders, collarbone area, etc... My goal size is actually a size 10 pants... I have gone down to 125ish and it didn't feel healthy for me and a lot of my friends and family did say I was too thin... It was also really hard to maintain. I realize some peoples before size weight is my goal size and weight. It just depends...
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am right around there - 5'4.5" (the half is very important) and ~142, but my size depends in the brand - 4, 6, 8. My body fat is around 23% - I have always been very muscular. I am happy here, though after two kids I have a pooch that I am sure is not going anywhere. I currently weigh 18 lbs less than when my first child was born and I had no pooch then. Gotta love genetics :) I am currently upping my calories slowly, about 100 every couple weeks or so and trying to find a stable weight. I've still been losing in this process, though less than half a pound a week on average. I don't really want to lose any more weight because I am starting to see veins in my arms and stuff but figured a little bit of a cushin is good since i will probably gain some back when I cut back on exercise.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2" and this morning I was 131. I don't like being this size at all. Before I had kids I was always between 123-125 and was really fit. Honestly it seems like every time I get below 130 I go right back up. I was 128 last week and even after sticking with my plan I'm up three pounds :(. I'm beginning to think that my body might just like being this weight even though I don't like it.
  • nelsonhrae
    nelsonhrae Posts: 37
    Options
    5'5 and a half here (you are right that half is very important) and I am currently stable at about 135. I fluctuate depending on water and sodium between 133 and 138, so I figure that is a pretty good medium. I would really like to get down to about 125 but I just seem to be stuck here. I know that I am at a healthy weight and I slide into a 2/4 pretty easily (I am naturally pretty muscular) but I would like to trim a little more weight. I just dont want to lose these curves though.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Okay, I lied yesterday. I dropped 1.6 lbs today. So keep at it. It will come off eventually.