Low Cal Salad Dressing Reccomendations?

Options
I'm an oil and vinegar kind of girl (a lot of the dressings I buy at the store just taste too processed for me). But I nearly fell over after finding out just one TBSP of olive oil is 1/10th of my day in calories!! I've been doing vinegar alone but it isn't quite cutting it.

Does anyone have some low cal suggestions for salad dressings??? I love me some salad!!!

Replies

• lukat
    lukat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What kind of vinegar do you use? I use a pomegranate balsamic as salad dressing. I spent a bit more on a nice bottle, but since I don't even use a tablespoon at a time I've had it forever. I also use it for roasting beets-delicious!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    KRAFT LIGHT ASIAN SESAME!! the best Ive ever had!!! I got my hubby hooked too! he buys crates of them when he goes shopping! lol
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    the olive oil is good for you and has lots of healthy fats that you need. I would stay away from th salad dressings full of crap! you could try cottage cheese on your salad too I find that pretty good.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I really like the salad spritzers, I forget exactly who makes them but they're with the regular dressing. They have a ton of flavors and one spray is only 1 calorie. I have a raspberry vinaigrette one that I love, and I end up using less dressing with those. I'll spray the top layer of my salad, eat, and then spray another layer. This way I'm not drowning my salad in dressing.
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Options
    Mix a little spray bottle with your choice of vinegar and olive oil. It really does limit the amount that you would normally dress your salad with. Add seasonings after spraying and toss :) Olive Oil is good for your body!
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just dip the fork into the dressing instead of pouring it on to the salad. I get just enough flavor for the bite and I use very very little.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    What about using salsa as a salad dressing?
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like the dressings in the vegetable section ie Litehouse, Marie's, etc. I've really liked Litehouse Tangy Orange, Raspberry Lime, and Balsamic Vinegar. I'm using Marie's Yogurt Parmesan dressing atm. A lot of them have low calories and lower sodium.
  • mrsf17
    mrsf17 Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow so many great ideas here. Thanks everyone!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes calorie free salad dressings that come in 20 flavors: sesame ginger, chipotle ranch, buttermilk ranch, thousand island, caesar, honey dijon, french, bleu cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, bacon ranch, italian, asian, italian sun dried tomato, zesty italian, russian, creamy italian, jersey sweet onion, creamy bacon, raspberry vinaigrette, and coleslaw!
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms sugarfree balsamic vinaigrette is only 5 calories per tablespoon and it tastes good.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I really love me a big ol' salad too! My hands-down absolute favorite is Galeos Miso Caesar. I got hooked on it b/c it tastes great but I continue buying it since the ingredients are things I know, it's only 14 cals per serving and very low in sodium.

http://www.galeoscafe.com/caesar.html

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I use a pomegranate/blueberry that is only 25 calories per serving and it is YUMMY!!!!
    it is by Litehouse and is in the database....
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    Girard's makes a Light Champagne dressing that I love. It has 60 calories in a 2 tablespoon serving. I find that I only need 1 tablespoon for my salads since it's so flavorful.
  • aniruizchang
    Options
    Lemon and salt! Taste great and no calories to add!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar... AND YES!!!! COTTAGE CHEESE, I add cottage cheese for added protien!!