YOUR DVD Workout Successes!!!! Pics??

Options
faely
faely Posts: 144 Member
I've read a lot of threads on MFP about people losing a lot of inches in a very short time using DVD workouts like 30DS, RI30, pretty much anything by Jillian Michaels, and Insanity. I lost 6" off my waist, and 2" off my hips, in 7 weeks of doing some circuit training and cardio twice a week. Obviously I'm not looking for immediate, complete results, because that would be stupid AND I'm totally in this for the long haul.

My question is, can you REALLY lose so many inches in just ONE or TWO days of doing these workouts?? I think I saw someone post that they lost something like 4 inches the first day?? Is that even possible? That's crazy!! Are any of you 300+ lbs doing these and seeing near-immediate results? Can you even complete day one???

PLEASE post pics and details of your DVD workout successes! Motivation please!!!

Replies

• faely
    Options
    bump!
  • tam_a_ram_a
    tam_a_ram_a Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you can lose that much in one day. It doesn't take a day to put the weight on, and it sure as hell doesn't take a day to take that much off. Perhaps they measured in a different spot or had their readings wrong the first day. It happens.
  • human28
    human28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Akrion
    Akrion Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Actually a day can make a huge difference. Ok, let me rephrase, ONE NIGHT can make a huge difference.

If you measure yourself at night all bloated from eating all day before going to bed, and next morning have had a bowel movement and a small breakfast, then you start working out. Of course, you will have a smaller waist. :laugh:
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I lost 35+lbs with P90X. Before / After Picture is my profile Picture. I thought it worked great!!!
  • faely
    Options
    I lost 35+lbs with P90X. Before / After Picture is my profile Picture. I thought it worked great!!!

Holy crap! You look AMAZING!!!!!

btw, Thank you for your service to our country ♥
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that fast, but I lost inches and weight with Insanity in twelve days. Prior to Insanity I did cardio work out dvd's and here are four months of results from them.
    Month one: Start pic
    Month two: 30 day shred
    Month three: Biggest Loser LVL 3, Belly Butt and Thighs, Elliptical + Kickbox (total 40 minutes of cardio)
    Month four: All month three work outs + elliptical to equal 60 minutes of cardio.
    PicsArt_1367644914998-vi.jpg
    PicsArt_1367645108437-vi.jpg

Current pic is Day 1 Insanity and day 12 (well marked 14) Insanity :D After all that working out I sort of fell off the wagon for a month and got lazy with my work outs, then decided I needed something harder then what I had and got Insanity.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Holy ****! Awesome results.
  • emh0516
    emh0516 Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I am on Day 80 of Power 90 and have lost 29lbs in those 80 days. Hope to post pics come day 90! I did lose the first 15lbs within the first 30 days of the program. It's coming off a bit slower now, which is to be expected.
  • faely
    Options
    I don't think it's that fast, but I lost inches and weight with Insanity in twelve days. Prior to Insanity I did cardio work out dvd's and here are four months of results from them.
    Month one: Start pic
    Month two: 30 day shred
    Month three: Biggest Loser LVL 3, Belly Butt and Thighs, Elliptical + Kickbox (total 40 minutes of cardio)
    Month four: All month three work outs + elliptical to equal 60 minutes of cardio.
    PicsArt_1367644914998-vi.jpg
    PicsArt_1367645108437-vi.jpg

Current pic is Day 1 Insanity and day 12 (well marked 14) Insanity :D After all that working out I sort of fell off the wagon for a month and got lazy with my work outs, then decided I needed something harder then what I had and got Insanity.

WOW!!! You look great!
  • faely
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I am on Day 80 of Power 90 and have lost 29lbs in those 80 days. Hope to post pics come day 90! I did lose the first 15lbs within the first 30 days of the program. It's coming off a bit slower now, which is to be expected.

Congratulations on 80 days! I look forward to your 90 days pics : )
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi - Lost 22 inches and 36 lbs primarily doing Hip Hops Abs (all the workouts on DVDs) for 60 mins a day, in 2.5 months!! The set of DVDs cost me $20, well worth it. :smile:
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 56 lbs from doing a variety of Jillian Michaels videos including; RI30, Killer Abs, Hard Body, 30DS, and Extreme Shed and Shred. I swear by her videos they are incredible!
  • nicolelridl
    Options
    My sister has lost over 60 lbs and I have lost over 20 and about 40 inches by just doing a variety of Jillian Michaels dvds. We mainly use, 30DS, Yoga Meltdown, Extreme Shed and Shred and Kickboxing. I love her workouts, they are fun and fast and they are also pretty inexpensive. I have just started going to the gym as well but there is no way I am giving up my Jillian, she will kick your *kitten* every day but it is so worth it! Good luck!
  • faely
    Options
    Hi - Lost 22 inches and 36 lbs primarily doing Hip Hops Abs (all the workouts on DVDs) for 60 mins a day, in 2.5 months!! The set of DVDs cost me $20, well worth it. :smile:
    Ive lost 56 lbs from doing a variety of Jillian Michaels videos including; RI30, Killer Abs, Hard Body, 30DS, and Extreme Shed and Shred. I swear by her videos they are incredible!
    My sister has lost over 60 lbs and I have lost over 20 and about 40 inches by just doing a variety of Jillian Michaels dvds. We mainly use, 30DS, Yoga Meltdown, Extreme Shed and Shred and Kickboxing. I love her workouts, they are fun and fast and they are also pretty inexpensive. I have just started going to the gym as well but there is no way I am giving up my Jillian, she will kick your *kitten* every day but it is so worth it! Good luck!

daaaaaaaang!!! Those are all wonderful!!! Guess its time to dust off those videos :wink:
    and actually stick with it this time :embarassed:

thanks for the motivation! :drinker:
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am half way through week 9 (12 week program) of TurboFire and I have lost 19 pounds and loads of inches. I plan on doing P90X next to gets some muscle tone as I am only about 18 pounds from goal now. Then maybe I will reevaluate. I love the beachbody DVD workouts. I want to try Insanity too. Maybe after P90X. I really just want to get ripped after I am done losing these last few pounds of fat. And I really want to tighten my tummy muscles up after baby number two.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I lost 19 inches in 60 days with 30DS.
  • KaylaMack0215
    KaylaMack0215 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Here's mine. I did a half assed job with P90x but I changed my diet and I lost a total of 12 pounds! beforeafter.jpg
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options

WOW!!! You look absolutely amazing!!! Great job!!!
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30 along with Yoga Booty Ballet - Cardio Cabaret for 2 1/2 weeks now. I've lost 11 lbs and 1 inch off my bust, waist, and hip measurements so far. That seems pretty good, to me! You've gotta give it your all, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!