39 yr old w/ 80+ to lose - looking for a few more friends

Options
I joined mfp recently and started logging this week. I'm trying hard to get (and stay) motivated, and I'd love to share this journey with some other people who are interested in mutual encouragement and support.

I'll be 40 in July and want to get myself on the road to health right away! I have a few relatively minor health issues that I'm hoping will improve with weight loss, healthy eating, and exercise.

I don't have kids and I'm not sure if that's realistically in the cards for me at this point (also not sure why that's relevant to this post, but there it is anyway).

I'm interested in losing weight slowly but surely, and incorporating increasingly healthy habits as I go. Add me if you want...and it would be great if you send a little note with your request. I'm looking for people who are genuinely interested in mutual, positive support.

Stats:
CW: 234
GW: approximately 145
H: 5' 6"

Replies

• LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting started with your healthier lifestyle :smile:
    I did the same before my 40th and managed to fit into a lovely evening dress for our party (my husband & I are the same age so we had a joint 40th!) but before I knew it the pounds were piling on again :cry:
    I feel so positive now to finally make a true change, once & for all, & I think MFP is going to be a big help.

We can make the change!

Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • JeanMarieJ
    JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey Newways,
    I'm going to be 36 in July. I'm only aiming for 20 to lose but have lost 65+ in the past! I'd love to give and get motivation.
    I'm a mom of 3 boys and am between graduate school and starting my new job the first of July. I am utilizing my month off to tackle my workouts because I know once work begins my time will become more limited! It's nice meeting you! Friending you now! Motivation On! :)
  • merediththemom
    merediththemom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new here too and am 38 with about 105 pounds to lose, would love to support and encourage!
  • Smallisland
    Options
    Hi, I am also new on here and am trying to lose about the same amount of weight. I have lost about 66 lbs so far but have about 105 or so to still lose. Everything I have done so far has been slow but sure. If you are interested in being friends let me know...it would be great to have someone in the same position as myself. I am 45.