Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Seeking Fellow Atkins/Low-Carbers!

Hi! I'm back to using MFP after wanting something more comprehensive than what Atkins.Com is offering and looking for anyone who's also low-carbing it :-)

Replies

• Hi! I am a big fan of the Atkins Diet (done the right way) and used to use their site too! I just started MFP today and I am hoping tracking my low-carb foods wont be a problem. :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    I am a high carber, need your fuel!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    There is a primal paleo support group. Not quite Atkins but you might enjoy it. You can add me. I am struggling to resume my lo carb way of eating right now.
  • I eat LC but cannot eat dairy ... I have to add recipes in here all the time to adjust for my WOE, difficult and time consuming but very doable!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    I go for Low Carb but don't stress about it. Sometimes I eat lasagna, sometimes I eat pizza... I focus more on the weekly carb intake than daily. I did South Beach a few years ago and lost 150 pounds, now I want to do something more realistic and easier to stick with.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Hi. I'm a low-carber, but am thinking of slow-carbing to amp up my weight lifting.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    I am for around 15 net carbs a day :)

Feel free to add me :drinker:
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi, I'm trying to eat more Paleo/low carb because I have found that I do not lose AT ALL eating any other way:( I'm also looking to add more friends who have similar eating plans to share ideas and motivation with!
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi, I'm trying to eat more Paleo/low carb because I have found that I do not lose AT ALL eating any other way:( I'm also looking to add more friends who have similar eating plans to share ideas and motivation with!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Hi. I'm a low-carber, but am thinking of slow-carbing to amp up my weight lifting.

ditto
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    im a south beach low carber
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    I just started on Atkins three days ago. Hopefully, today is the last day of the "flu", but I'm in if for the long haul. Please count me in, as well.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    I've gotten myself to Ketosis, but I didn't find it sustainable. You can check by purchasing this little sticks that you pee on. What works for me personally is cycling in low, medium and high carb days.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    I don't follow Atkins but eat a low carb diet as much as possible
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    I'm a low carber. Adapted the lifestyle because I wanted to get rid of my sweet tooth! Well that and a friend lost 80+ pounds following Atkins. I try to avoid dairy most of the time. I think I'm starting to become lactose intolerant so some days it's tough to find snacks and such.
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Carbs are for suckers!

Just kidding. I aim for low carb (under 30% will sometimes drop to under 20%.) Open diary.

I also lift heavy things... add me if you'd like, anyone!
  • HAGO37
    HAGO37 Posts: 2
    I'm a low carber as well. however I love pasta too much. Sometimes just have to sneak it into my diet.