At top of my calories but hungry :(

2»

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Just so the trolls don't get disappointed...........You need to eat more.
  • cocobird65
    cocobird65 Posts: 2 Member
    What is BMR? I calculated using that site and mine was 1272. @ the original poster, I find if I increase my protein based calories then I'm not as hungry. I found that to be true even before I found this site. Balance your protein consumption throughout the day and you should feel better. You shouldn't be hungry or you'll end up eating the wrong things. Your body will also store calories/fat if you're not feeding it enough. Listen to your body and make good food choices.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Right.. Well as per calculations I only lose 2lbs a wk if I stick to my 1300 calories and lot of days I can pull it off but sometimes I just can't and I find that two bad days (a careless weekend lets say) can make me gain back those 2lbs that I managed to lose..
    I know people always say to have a healthy breakfast but for example I had breakfast today and it seems that when I have breakfast I get hungry sooner, I don't eat any less and the breakfast alone can be around 300-400 calories which sounds like a lot when I know that if I skipped it I still would've survived.. I won't have breakfast :-/

You have to understand that 2lbs a week weight loss is for people who are very over weight, and mostly men. Some women can lose 2lbs a week, but you have to realize if you don't eat enough, you can easily stall out and not lose weight. Or you can end up binging(such as in your case cause you're hungry). So do the calculations i gave you above...

ETA: doesn't matter "when" you eat... you don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to, what does matter is getting in all your calories.

He's right.
  • When I'm hungry, I drink water. Lots of it. sometimes tea with no sugar etc. anything to fill my tummy but not add kcals. It works for me, you might try it, see if it helps.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    If you are hungry please eat. I have to tweak my intake constantly. Your body will tell you what it needs _listen.
  • hazellatrice
    hazellatrice Posts: 9 Member
    i drink water first before i even think about eating , you may mistaken thirst for hunger !
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    I hate all the eat more responses. I think that is obvious. She is wanting alternatives. Planning meals, spacing them is a good suggestion, eating more protein is always good.

No matter how many calories you eat, if you are eating less than you were eating before, you are going to feel hungry at the beginning. I never ate breakfast and for those people who say you need to eat it, is also those who have to play by each and every rule. Well I drink diet soda too so someone can yell at me for that as well. If you find that you are not hungry in the morning just have some coffee or tea......I ended up starting to eat a protein bar which started helping me in the end and those are low on calories. Protein shakes are also good snack options as well.

Load up on lots of salads, veggies, and an apple or other fruit for the day. They make great snacks. I also like popcorn to snack on. Like other posters, I will go over a bit if I am really hungry and it doesn't off set anything. Eat some popcorn or have a salad or some carrots. Something light but filling with some ice tea or diet coke (God forbid).
  • Agi0817
    Agi0817 Posts: 19
    Yup, I've noticed that it really helps when I plan my meals, then I do great. The issue is when I plan something but don't feel like eating that the next day ( or later the same day )
    Also just 'discovered' PB it wasn't something I ate before and found it to be a great snack, I'd have a tbsp and it would fill me and I was happy.. Until this weekend when I ate like.. God I don't even know a quarter of a big jar lol. Now I'm not sure I want to get anymore just in case I can't stop eating it.
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    I was having the same problem when I was just started to use food diary. I don't know if you had just started using this application or had been using it for a while but I think if you plan your food from breakfast to dinner and give yourself snacks between breakfast lunch and dinner, it would help you to budget on your calories comfortably. It might require some experiment to get the right diet plan. My daily plan would be 250-300 cal for breakfast, 400 cal for lunch, 250-300 cal for dinner.. 150-300 cal for snacks. I try to eat healthy so I don't exceed my daily cal. For lunch, I don't really have a choice because I'm working so I eat at nearby restaurant.