What a difference 20 pounds can make

Options
j3bean
j3bean Posts: 24 Member
About a year and a half ago during a routine eye exam they found a microaneurism in my retina. A fasting glucose test of 103 confirmed the culprit-- pre-diabetes. Apparently it doesn't take profoundly high sugars to start doing damage, so if there was a wake up call that was it! I dropped about 7 pounds last year using various means but it just started creeping back... the eye exam was repeated last December and the microaneurism was still there. I joined MFP end of Feb with my biggest goal to reverse the damage of diabetes. Last week I hit that goal- eye exam came out clean- no evidence of a microneurism! And to that I say hallelujah!

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I'm glad you have had such success!
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What a great scale victory!!! Congrats!!
  • JanineBorofka
    JanineBorofka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good news especially considering the prevalence of diabetes in our family. Have you checked your blood sugar lately? I saw my doctor recently, she wasn't too impressed with 20 lb off and I forgot to ask for blood test.
    I can wear old jeans now, almost ready to give hubby's back, and people are starting to notice. Five pairs of pants going out the door.
  • FoxynFit
    FoxynFit Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats so awesome Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!