Ladies, sports bra tips!

Options
osubeam
osubeam Posts: 45 Member
I am currently in the market for new sports bras and honestly have no idea where to start. I'm not overly chesty (34 C) but want some support. Any tips on what I should check out?

Replies

• shariannamarie
    Options
    I found that Old Navy has some very supportive sports bras.. crazy, I know.. but true! I wear a 34 D and they are very comfortable and supportive.
  • PinkyMouse
    PinkyMouse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I like my sport bra crossed in the back because it offers a better support and are more confortable for mouvements.
    Make sure that nothing move inside ! I always make some jumps when I try one in a shop... I look stupid bit I don't care !
    Avoid the metallic structures, it odes not help the maintain and might be unconfortable at some point !
    If I can, I will buy my sport bra from well known sport trade marks...

Well, have fun finding the right bra !
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Excellent suggestions! I was hoping to get away with buying them online but a trip to Old Navy and then maybe REI or another sporting goods store seems to be where I'm heading. Thanks for the advice!
  • shikiwiki13
    Options
    Victorias Secret/ Pink, lululemon, under armour all have awesome sports bras!
  • pbrinnm
    pbrinnm Posts: 39
    Options
    Title 9 (titlenine.com) rates their sport bras. The more barbells the better the bra supports The Girls. If you run, then you need a bra with more barbells. If you are looking for a bra to do yoga or weightlifting, then you probably can use a bra with fewer barbells. They also have a few brick and mortar stores across the country.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Enell Sport! <3 mine
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Title 9 (titlenine.com) rates their sport bras. The more barbells the better the bra supports The Girls. If you run, then you need a bra with more barbells. If you are looking for a bra to do yoga or weightlifting, then you probably can use a bra with fewer barbells. They also have a few brick and mortar stores across the country.

I'm a DD and the only sports bra I ever found that works (and I'm doing Insanity currently, so ...) was at Title Nine Sports. I love, love, love that place.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Title 9 for me.

The Rebound Racer model. A bit of a bear to get used to getting on and off, but once you master that your boobs will stay in place.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Title 9 for me.

The Rebound Racer model. A bit of a bear to get used to getting on and off, but once you master that your boobs will stay in place.

I use the only 5 dumbbell bra at Title Nine - The Last Resort (when you've tried every other bra.. ha!). It does, however, take some doing to figure out how to get into it. There is some hoisting going on lol
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Try to find a good sporting good store where you live and they have good quality sports bras. May be a little pricey, but it's worth it. I have a couple pairs of Under Armour sports bras and they are fantastic.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    Yep! Enell is the only way to go IMO. I'm a 32DD and everything is secure when necessary. They are pricey but well worth the money. Maybe check eBay and always hang to dry after washing.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber are amazing. I have the one for big boobed ladies. I can literally jump up and down for an hour and they're strapped in firmly with no jiggle. That's no mean feat at a 30g!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I seriouslyi love the Champion Sport bras at Target. They are comfy and are like IRON MAN sports bras. i dont MOVE at all when out jogging our working out and they last forever!
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband was watching a youtube video that said they wore a normal bra under a sports bra, well i tried it and it's fab really good support!!! i just have cheapy sports bras but they do the job :)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I bought a 2-pack at Walmart and they are the most comfortable and best supporting sports bras I've ever worn. They were dirt cheap too!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I always wear a regular bra to hold them in place and their shape, then I squish into a sports bra overtop that so they don't bounce around. This works pretty well for me, and I have lost 30 pounds without really losing any of my boobs (maybe a slight bit but not really noticeable). I am about to check out title 9 though, cause mine is kindof lax.
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber are amazing. I have the one for big boobed ladies. I can literally jump up and down for an hour and they're strapped in firmly with no jiggle. That's no mean feat at a 30g!

I love shock absorber bras, they practically defy gravity and they're super durable. I'm a 36C and run 4 times a week between 30 and 60 mins.