So proud of my self =)

Options
mommyofX2
mommyofX2 Posts: 56 Member
So I started this weight loss journey with the hope of losing 70 pounds. I started taking Garcinia Cambogia on Monday and I also started doing zumba on my wii =P going for walks and eating well. I was 199 on Monday and this morning i decided I am going to weigh my self again because I couldnt wait a week and it was 192! I could NOT believe it. Just keeps me motivated to lose more more more. I know all weeks wont be like this but its a GREAT start =)

Hows everyone else doing with their journey?
Looking forward to hear

Replies

• butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Such a great feeling isn't it? Good for you. Well wishes. :)
  • mommyofX2
    Options
    Such a great feeling isn't it? Good for you. Well wishes. :)

It sure does! Thanks so much =)
  • gonnabeskinnypretty
    Options
    Great job, it is the best feeling! Keep up the good work. ^^
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    that is awesome and very motivating. Doing okay on my journey. little stops and starts lately, but the key is consistency in both eating healthy and working out both of which I am still a work in progress! keep up the good work.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Yeah, the first two weeks you'll see big losses, but it will definitely slow down after that. My first week I lost about 5 lbs. I'm 3 months into my journey, and was stuck in a plateau for 2-3 weeks, but it just broke this morning! I was super happy. You'll eventually hit a plateau, but don't fret. Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will eventually come off. :)
  • mommyofX2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am really glad that so much came off the first week... I now know its possible to do this. I thought I would give up by now but these results just keep me going and all these stories of people to I am so happy that I found MFP Its amazing. Everyone is so supportive and motivational. Truly inspiring everyone XO
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you too baby (I can say that -- she's my daughter :tongue: ). I suspect my loss won't be nearly as high as yours -- you're running circles around me in the fitness dept -- but looking forward to my weigh-in at your house tomorrow.
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Best feeling!! Congrats!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Yeah, the first two weeks you'll see big losses, but it will definitely slow down after that. My first week I lost about 5 lbs. I'm 3 months into my journey, and was stuck in a plateau for 2-3 weeks, but it just broke this morning! I was super happy. You'll eventually hit a plateau, but don't fret. Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will eventually come off. :)

I didn't start losing until my fourth week. Everyone always says the first couple weeks will be your biggest loss. That was incredibly hard to do with. I had to rely on other victories other than just the scale.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    So I started this weight loss journey with the hope of losing 70 pounds. I started taking Garcinia Cambogia on Monday and I also started doing zumba on my wii =P going for walks and eating well. I was 199 on Monday and this morning i decided I am going to weigh my self again because I couldnt wait a week and it was 192! I could NOT believe it. Just keeps me motivated to lose more more more. I know all weeks wont be like this but its a GREAT start =)

Hows everyone else doing with their journey?
    Looking forward to hear

I think you are doing great. One thing you may want to consider adding is running. Not because its an amazing workout or anything, but your kids will become so proud of you. I have done more mud runs, 5ks and 10ks than I can count. One night during a sleepover i heard my son telling his friends how cool his mom is. He told them that I run 20 miles all the time and usually do it through fire or with zombies chasing me. It was amazing to hear how proud he was/is of me. I know because of him i am a lifetime runner. So i would recommend if you can incorporate some workout that will make you look like a superhero to those two little guys you will have motivation for life.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I didn't start losing until my fourth week. Everyone always says the first couple weeks will be your biggest loss. That was incredibly hard to do with. I had to rely on other victories other than just the scale.

I lost three lbs (water weight) my first week, then nothing for 5 weeks! Measurements though...lost inches all over the place - even if the scale was mean.

So glad you got your quick kick in. Good motivation and best of luck on your journey
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I lost three lbs (water weight) my first week, then nothing for 5 weeks! Measurements though...lost inches all over the place - even if the scale was mean.

So glad you got your quick kick in. Good motivation and best of luck on your journey

Yeah, I suppose everyone is different. How many inches have y'all lost? I'm surprised I've lost as many inches as I have pounds.

And thanks! Good luck on yours too. :)
  • sueschunied
    sueschunied Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my journey slow and have not picked up a lot of speed yet but continue to lose at a steady pace of about a pound a week. The thought of being healthier and 50 pounds lighter this Christmas keeps me going. Just got past a 4 week plateau. Had to go back to weighing every bite again to make sure my portion sizes aren't part of the problem. Keep it up! There are certainly other victories to celebrate :) I have lost almost two pant sizes already and am getting rid of my 'fat' clothes as I shrink out of it. Now that's a reason to celebrate!
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    That's a great idea. I have my 3 yr old grandson do yoga with. Hopefully as he ages he will continue to find the exercise of his choice a stick with it. You are doing great.
  • miahraglin
    miahraglin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job ! Keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!