After Dinner Munchies?

Options
I do not know what my problem is but I get after dinner munchies no matter what I eat for dinner. It can be the most perfectly balanced meal but about an hour or 2 after I eat dinner, I get the munchies. Usually for something sweet. I have lately been sucking on Jolly Ranchers which helps because it takes a while to get through one. Any tips or advice on after dinner munchies? Do any of you have the same problem?

Replies

• kristenegeorge
    kristenegeorge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! So what I started doing was making sure I have something to do after dinner, like work, or plans with a friend, or maybe catching up on my books. This helps distract me from the idea of food until I go to bed, where I drink a cup of herbal tea with stevia about an hour before hand and watch a little TV. This does wonders for cravings, and you also get a lot done since your mind is on work and not on food.
    Hope this helps!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too! I feel bad because I would like complete my food diary and then think...just a tiny bit more. My husband is really bad and when I watch him fix a snack, it makes me want more. Tonight I went on the Message Board and saw success stories. Before and after pictures. That really took my mind off of snacking!
  • ajstacey
    ajstacey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try caramel rice cakes!
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    80 calorie nature valley granola thins.......special K bars.........trust me I get the munchies too and it can be frustrating.....
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm a nighttime snacker...just am. Lost 80's with late night snacking. I just make sure I have calories left for my snack! Just had my snack and it's 10:30pm. Our bodies don't have a clock. A calorie is a calorie....so if you need the snack, make sure you have the calorie budget for it! No biggie.