WOMEN please help

Options
I have been doing MFP for 3 weeks now and feel really good but here is my dilemma, I am late for my period by almost a week. I am usually very regular to the day. There is zero chance that it is due to pregnancy. I am getting the side effects of that time of the month (slightly bloated and minor acne) but no period. Is it normal for you body to take a month or so to adjust to new diet and get back into the normal zone?

Replies

• egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a similar issue, but happy to bump this up for you :)
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    can you explain what it means to 'bump' as I see it in posts and have no idea what it means.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Bumping a post means to reply to a post in order to bring it to the top of the page so that more people will see it and possibly answer.

I have never had an issue with my period from dieting. Have you gone super low-cal or low-fat or something?
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bumping a post means to reply to a post in order to bring it to the top of the page so that more people will see it and possibly answer.

^^^^ Sometimes you'll see people use "Up". As posts age with no recent replies, they end up dropping down down down and eventually on the page 2 and beyond where they might not be seen.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im not sure if its due to being healthy, but i got my period a week early this month :S, like you im usually regular and it doesnt usually last this long...
  • AlaskaLily
    AlaskaLily Posts: 75
    Options
    definitely diet change. my monthly has changed through all the different lifestyle changes I have made. how have you changed your diet? think iron too...so lots of greens or red meats or even some supplemental stuff like vitamins and iron pills might help. if things get super wacky, just let your doctor know. since ive been losing weight and eating better, my period has actually shortened to 2 days! yippy.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Very common for period to change with diet. If you're sure you're not pregnant, just wait it out. It should sort itself out soon enough.

cheers!
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    As I understand if you change your diet drastically or start exercising it can change your TOM (time of month).
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I think making a change to your diet and exercise program can definitely affect things. I had the opposite problem. I am also very regular, but when I first started eating less and exercising more, I got my period a few days early. But by the next month it had worked itself out, and I'm back to normal now.