Elliptical purchase help?

Options
Me and my husband are thinking about purchasing an elliptical and bench/weights. However, the more I look into ellipticals, the more I see HORRIBLE reviews (wobbly, squeaky, breaks, etc.) - it seems I can't find one machine that's reliable under $3500. Is this really the going rate for a reliable and sturdy machine? I don't need all the bells and whistles, just something that calculates HR and calories burned (able to put in age, weight, etc.) and a fan would be nice, but not a deal breaker... that's not too much to ask, right?

Replies

• Sunshine373
    Sunshine373 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • Kmarasmith
    Options
    We got a Smooth Fitness Elliptical 2 1/2 years ago - I LOVE it! It was under the $3500 range and full warranties are good for 2 years and parts are up to 5 years...etc. I'd recommend.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a Sole E95 that I love!! The Sole machines consistently get good reviews and I've never had an issue with mine. The E95 is one of their pricier machines at about $1,700. But you could get a different model with fewer bells and whistles for even less.
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got a used Livestrong 10e for $500 from craigslist. Few bells and whistles but it suits our needs.

I also was concerned about spending over $1000 after reading reviews which is way I went used. If it only lasts a year or so I won't feel I've wasted my money.