Most filling < 300 calories?

Options
weehah
weehah Posts: 81 Member
What is the most filling/long-lasting snack or meal you eat for 300 calories or less?

Replies

• startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    My favorite one is some pretzels with hummus, or veggies with hummus. Or a protein shake (160 cal) from Costco :)
  • schmanarchy
    Options
    You can eat a whole POUND of strawberries for 145 calories. Top that off with another pound of baby carrots (140 cal) and you're still under 300. Other low cal snacks I like are grape tomatoes (which are also ridiculously low in calories) and pretzels (though these are empty calories).

Of course you don't need to eat a pound of food. You, could put a little whipped cream on your strawberries, or maybe get a vinaigrette to dip your carrots in.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A really hearty vegetable soup always works. usually much less than 300 cals too and if you make the batch yourself you can control the sodium, package it up in plastic wear and freeze for snacks and lunches.
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jerky, low cal high protein food. Watch the sodium though.. :-)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Jerky, low cal high protein food. Watch the sodium though.. :-)

Half cup brown rice, Broccoli and a can of tuna
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    3 cups Fage 0% Greek yogurt with stevia.

300 cals., 54 grams protein.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% with stevia and protein powder.
    Large portion of baby plum tomatoes(really small and sweet), might be called something else stateside.
    Raw carrots with hummus
    Hard boiled duck egg dipped in hummus.
    Cottage cheese with a banana.
    Chicken breast.
  • tprice90
    tprice90 Posts: 8
    Options
    Today I snacked on half a cup of nonfat cottage cheese mixed with about 75 grams of strawberries... only 105 calories!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    2% Fage greek yogurt with blueberries and raspberries!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Two boiled duck eggs.

Protein and fat like that keeps me full for quite some time.
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    IN..because I need new snack ideas :)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos. I had them for lunch and they are quite filling. Mine were 392 for the two, but that was with an ounce of cheddar cheese.

Two mini La Tortilla whole wheat tortillas - 50 cals each
    4oz chicken breast, divided in two - 120 calories
    Homemade mango salsa - varies a bit, but usually about 60-70 cals

Mango salsa - just chop and mix mango, tomatoes, jalapeños, red onion and cilantro. Set and chill for best taste.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup plain greek yogurt with 1tbsp cocoa powder and two packets of Truvia (110 calories)

1 plate with 1 cup sliced cantaloupe and 1/2 cup blueberries (100 calories)

1 of my homemade whole wheat fruit and nut muffins (100 calories) with 1 tbsp sugar free jam (5 calories)

That's around 300 calories with 25 grams of protein and two servings of fruit.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    unprocessed foods
    satiety-index.png
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I like to have two eggs, scrambled with lots of veggies, and an English muffin or whole wheat toast. Very filling to me and under 300 calories. Or an original vegan Boca burger on whole grain bun with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and mustard. That with a side of veggies usually under 300 cals, also. I'm also a big fan of making flatbread pizzas.