High protein snacks to take to work?

Options
I work an 8-5 job and get hungry around 10 am and 2 pm. I need some ideas for easy snacks to bring to work that will fill me up and don't take a lot of prep. I have previously brought string cheese, cottage cheese, and almonds. I need new ideas though. Thanks!

Replies

• LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you could make some protein balls, have a small tin of tuna on crackers or humus and vegetable sticks.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I used to work 8-5 and snacked all day. The most common things I brought were string cheese, hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt (pre-mixed with fruit, pb, or whatever else I wanted in it), apple slices with PB, nuts, protein bars, turkey sandwiches (homemade on whole wheat bread), etc. I know I had some other high-protein snacks in my arsenal but I can't remember them all right now.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    apple with nutbutter and mini bell peppers stuffed with tuna (or tuna salad if I have time) are my favs. Super easy and yummy. My coworkers are now the habit if stealing my bell peppers so I always have to take extra.

Hummus and veggies is always good too.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs.
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What about a wrap? Reduced fat and/or low sodium lunch meat, wrapped with a slice of reduced fat cheese and wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla shell? I used Eckrich low salt ham (about 2 oz), 1 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese and a small whole wheat tortilla shell, comes to about 18g of protein.

Another alternative to the cottage cheese is adding sunflower seeds or pistachio nuts.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    A Fruit Salad!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Sardines n crackers. Tunafish in those pouches. Hemp seeds. Everything else is mentioned.
  • pHatWeenie
    pHatWeenie Posts: 23
    Options
    Nuts or Greek yogurt or your protien shake :D
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Turkey Perky Jerky

http://www.perkyjerky.com/index.php/nutrition/

*Edited to remove image because part of it was cut off. Here's the link to the nutrition info for them though.
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit is always quick and easy and little to no prep. Carrots or celery with hummus. I just had a snack the other day - piece of toast, smear of peanut butter, and a few dark chocolate chips. It filled me up but also satisfied that afternoon sweet tooth I get! Sometimes when I get hungry in the afternoon at the office I just make a cup of iced coffee or chew a piece of gum- I usually just get a bit bored around 2pm so I want something to eat out of boredom.... I also second the greek yogurt. At our grocery store you can find them on sale all the time and tons of coupons.
  • sally414
    sally414 Posts: 51
    Options
    I used to eat a hard boiled egg and an apple during the late afternoon snack attack at like 3pm. It kept me full enough to work out right when I left the office!