Top heavy. Need help.

Options
I store most of my fat in top part of my body. Does anyone know what exercise I could do to make my arm,back and upper tummy fat to disappear. I am extra self-concious because of my arms and wide back. I wear tops that are 2 sizes bigger than my jeans size.

Replies

• MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You can strengthen and build muscles in your upper body, but you'll still need to lose fat in general.
  • Baltcode
    Baltcode Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand that I won't make my bones smaller, but when I lose weight I lose it from my legs, lower tummy and this makes me more manly with big back and no butt :(:(
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Do some heavy resistance training, especially squats. It will rev up your metabolism for the whole day and help you burn more calories. Combine with a caloric deficit with a good amount of protein to help you keep lean muscle, your bodyfat percentage should drop.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I understand that I won't make my bones smaller, but when I lose weight I lose it from my legs, lower tummy and this makes me more manly with big back and no butt :(:(
    He wasn't saying anything about making your bones smaller. What he was saying is that you cannot spot reduce. Meaning, there is no exercise or food in existance that will cause you to lose fat from a certain part of your body. I wish you could, but you can't. Almost no-one loses fat proportionally. For me, I store fat in my belly, hips, and thighs. This is the place that holds on to the fat for me, and will be the last to go. Just continue eating at a deficit and it will eventually come off. Strength training helps.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You cant lose fat where you want.. Its a body % thing however you can work out and build muscle thus making it smaller
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing body fat and you'll even out.

Or alternatively you could train your lower body in the hypertrophy range and eat at a calorie surplus.

But then you'll still be fat . . .
  • Baltcode
    Baltcode Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone thanks for your replies. I'll try to continue eating on calorie deficit and maybe try some of the types of exercises you recommended :)