Like to go to bed full

Options
I tend to have two or three hundred calories left at the end of the day, so that I can have a nice snack right before bed. There is just something warm and comfortable about going to bed with a full belly. Not bursting at the seams, just ate a 30oz porterhouse full, but definitely crackers and cheese full, or peanut butter on toast full. Or heck, even ice cream sundae full.

Anyone else?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat most of my calories in the evenings, especially on days I work. It's nice to know that if I want some hummus or a handful of nuts or pb on crackers I can have it. Sometimes even just saving a hundred or so calories for a fiber bar works.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories between 9pm and 3am.
    I do not sleep well if I go to bed hungry so I have a big dinner, then 3-4 hours later, a smaller bedtime meal consisting of a hard boiled egg, raw carrots, houmous, greek yoghurt and maybe an apple.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Im the same. I can happily go most of the day without feeling too hungry but come evening i always want to eat. I made the mistake before of not leaving any calories and then i was practically eating my own arm. Now i keep 10cal jellies in the fridge and keep back 150cals for that evening munchies snack
  • Augustskies
    Options
    I work a weird shift and its hard not to be hungry at strange times so healthy cereal has been a favorite or a protien bar seems to fill me up I cant sleep hungry either
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I concur, much easier to fall asleep with a not so empty stomach.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 11:30 pm snack.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ryuage
    ryuage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to be full as it helps me

a. stay asleep
    b. go to sleep because I'm not wishing to eat something (even though I would like to eat more)

I eat probably 75% of my calories from 10pm-1am ~2000 calories