INSANITY?

Okay, so I'm about 6"3, 245lbs and am on the Insanity program. I am on my third day (I have no complaints yet, except that's it's one hell of a workout), but I can't help, but browse previous posts and ask — Am I eating enough? MFP suggests I eat 1700 calories and usually my exercise cals after an Insanity workout are ball park, 350-400? Should I eat these back or not?

I've heard numerous answers over the forum, but I'd like a concrete answer. Or should I try just the 1700 calories this week and see if I lose anything? If I don't, I'll then start eating more and continue on/restart the program?

Thanks for any and all help.

Replies

• rogersgale
    rogersgale Posts: 8 Member
    you need to eat your exercise cal back for insanity.MFP is at 1200 for me I eat my exercise cals back i usually eat around 1600 to 1800
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    I'm 6'-1", 200 lbs and also doing Insanity, and I'm eating roughly 2000 calories a day and losing. Are you getting your calories burned from HRM or estimate from MFP? Calories burned can vary significanly based on height and weight, so you might be burning more than you think. I would definitely eat them back. You need to make sure you have the fuel to keep up with the workouts.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Hi! I'm in my second month of Insanity. When you bought the program it should of had the nutrition guide included. The nutrition guide explains all of the nutrition along with caloric needs. Are you using a HRM? Are you using MFP to calculate your calories. The combination of the two along with the nutrition guide will help you answer that question. A HRM will allow you to input all of your information (height and weight) ,and then enter it into MFP. Once you are doing this MFP will let you know what you are requiring as far as calories and what you need to lose. You need to have a deficit of 500 calories per/day in order to lose one pound a week. Make sure you have a clean diet because that will impact your results in the program. Good luck and keep pushing play.
    Lisa
  • buggings
    buggings Posts: 18
    No, I don't use an HRM — I've been putting insanity under calisthenics. Perhaps that's something I'll look into for a more accurate reading, thanks!

I think my plan now is when I weigh in Sunday, if the scale doesn't move, I'll bump my calories up a few notches and see how I fair.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Do you have the Insanity Nutrition Guide, it has a section in there to work out how many calories you should be eating. I'm 5'6", 181lbs and I'm eating 1900 doing Insanity :)